PDA

View Full Version : looking at getting h.d. tv

alphaferret
05/21/2006, 09:51 AM
plz help me - what should I get.

I have a 32 "old " tv that is a good tv but i now have xbox360 & w/ the addition to our furniture we had to make our viewing area farther away than it was. T he room looks great but we can't see the words on somethings and it's generally too fatr away- so I need an upgrade and know nothing. limited budget as always
lcd what?
thanks alpha

Josh125
05/21/2006, 09:57 AM
First step is decide your budget then the size of TV that fits your room.

Next, decide the technology you want to go with. All have pros and cons. If you want to game on it, the Sony 3LCD sets are very nice. The Sammy DLP has noted lag on gaming, head over to AVSforum and do a search! Plasma is IMO the best there is, however a bit pricey....and for watching movies, the RPTV standby is still unmatched is representing blacks and giving a "smooth" feel to the picture.

I researched until the cows came home and went with a 50" Sammy DLP.

alphaferret
05/23/2006, 01:50 PM
sammy = samsung?

dlp=digital liquid display?

did not know a tv could have game lag-I don't want that to happen

I was hoping to keep it under a $1000- but may be dreamin'!

whats rptv?

thanks for the help!

fat-tony
05/23/2006, 02:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7422910#post7422910 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by alphaferret
sammy = samsung?

dlp=digital liquid display?

did not know a tv could have game lag-I don't want that to happen

I was hoping to keep it under a $1000- but may be dreamin'!

whats rptv?

thanks for the help!

lag (ghosting also called) was REALLY common when computers started using LCD's for games. THe refresh rates were off and would cause almost a shadow of someone moving. NOt sure how common it still is, but it's somethjing to be aware of while looking.

alphaferret
05/23/2006, 02:15 PM
thx