PDA

View Full Version : What to feed and how do I attache...?

kcolagio
05/06/2002, 11:44 PM
Well....as can be guessed (maybe), I need some hints on what the galaxia corals need for a food source. They seem to be happy under my lighting (:)), but I'm not sure what they really need for food. I know they sweep, so I am assuming particulate matter, but is it that or micro algae (got plenty of that) or something else?

Also, how long should it take mushrooms to attache to a rock? Anything I can (safely) do to speed it along?

Thanks in advance!

ReeferMac
05/07/2002, 06:17 AM
I've caught my Galaxia taking in pieces of food from my mix... Flake, Live Brine, I think anything small and meaty will work. My guess is size would be an important criteria for it. Take a piece of Krill and mash it up between your fingers upstream from where it is.. See if it takes anything from that. Best to do it just after lights-out, or in the morning before they come on (or whenever you notice the feeding tentacles come out on the thing).

'Shroomer's are a PIA, you can try supergluing them, but they're pretty slimy and generally don't take to it. Just leave 'em be and they'll attach on their own. You can place a cup with rubble rock in it on the bottom of your tank, and put the 'shroom in there. The cup protects it from blowing away, and eventually it will attach to something. I've got score's of "Glenlivet" glasses, if you'd like I could run one over.

- Mac