PDA

View Full Version : setting up an anemone tank

ncwaterboy
05/18/2006, 09:19 PM
Have been out of the hobby a few years and I am thinking of setting a tank back up. I have a 90 and very lightly used ice cap VHO ballast, Iwaki return and skimmer pumps and ETS skimmer plus lots of other crap. Is this enough lighting for an Anemone & Clown tank? What are some more easily kept Anemone species that will host Clowns? Can I keep other fish in the tank with the Clowns & Anemones ? What is a good book on this subject that doesn't take a PHD in Biology to understand? I appreciate your responses and I am sorry if these are repetitive questions. Thanks, Mitchell

SEAFLOWERS
05/19/2006, 06:45 AM
First of all how many watts are we talking about?

second- BTAS are about the easiest to keep.

third- yes you can keep other fish in the tank, but nothing to aggressive, clowns make easy targets for predatory fish.

fourth- Read Joyce Wilkersons book on clownfish and Anemones, also anything by Fautin and Allen.

Hope this helps and WELCOME TO REEFCENTRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please us this site as much as possible, alot of good advice here to help you.:)

ncwaterboy
05/23/2006, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the reply, I have been out of town for a few days and had not read your post. I have 440 watts of light, (4) 110 watt bulbs. Would this be sufficient on an 18" deep tank. Mitchell

Jiddy
05/23/2006, 07:10 AM
Thats what i keep my BTA happy with. You should be fine, you may want to upgrade later on down the road. My tank is a 30" and he stays at at the upper half of the tank