PDA

View Full Version : Feeding fish

hounddog01
05/16/2006, 11:01 PM
What does everyone feed their fish? I feel like I need to feed them more but my Nitrates have risen to 10 since I started feeding more. Just wonder what everyone uses.

zlwags85
05/17/2006, 12:24 AM
I feed sweetwater zooplankton, Ocean Nutrition Formula One Flake, Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Flake, and frozen formula one occasionly.

llewoh05
05/17/2006, 06:04 AM
frozen mysis/brine everyday. dt's everyother day.

Benny Z
05/17/2006, 07:29 AM
formula one pellets daily. sometimes a pinch of tetra brand (i think) marine flake food, and sometimes 1/2 cube (thawed and rinsed) of frozen mysis.

feeding schedule should really be dependen upon your animals' needs. i'm pretty sure your anthias needs to eat very regularly.

hounddog01
05/17/2006, 07:39 AM
Yes but thought about mixing up pellets and frozen. Just wanted an idea from everyone.

schmoeger6
05/17/2006, 11:36 AM
If anyone ever makes it up north (DeKalb), check out Rod's Reef. He makes his own frozen food. . .The stuff is amazing. It is the only food that will ever go into my tanks. Fish, corals, anemones, inverts all go crazy. The only catch is he sells it as a bonus to his customers, basicly as a thank you, for what it costs him to make it. If anyone feels like taking a road trip believe me you won't be disappointed. I've yet to find anyone that can come close to his selection of SPS's or Zoo's, and prices are comparable to online retailers, and if I can retain a tenth of what i've learned from Rod I will be thrilled. Just my .02$ worth