PDA

View Full Version : Refugium ?

mitlik1
05/16/2006, 10:35 PM
I was looking at the hang on refugium's. CPR's AquaFuge hang-on refugiums holds about 4.7 gallon. Would that be adequate for a 75 gallon reef tank, or I am better ff with a DIY?

scott058
05/16/2006, 11:21 PM
I purchased one from ecosystems and it is great but the cost was quite a bit if I remember, Might be better off with a diy unless you don't mind forking out the money
-scott

GinoP
05/17/2006, 12:25 AM
I'm actually looking into it as well. For my tank (30G cube) I'm going to have to go with the small CPR Hang-on because that's all I have room for in my set up. However, if you're looking for Hang-on type, look into the Ecosystem 60... I believe it's about 5" longer than the largest CPR Hang-on. The best price I saw it for was: http://www.islandaquatics.com/brands.php?brand_id=18 Everywhere else was much more expensive. Hope this helps

Blown 346
05/17/2006, 03:01 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7381127#post7381127 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mitlik1
I was looking at the hang on refugium's. CPR's AquaFuge hang-on refugiums holds about 4.7 gallon. Would that be adequate for a 75 gallon reef tank, or I am better ff with a DIY?

That fuge can work, but what are your main intentions for a fuge? If you are just looking to lower Nitrate and soak up nutrients that will work.

If you are wanting to keep a mandarin or use the fuge for food, it wont be slightly enough.

If you want to have animals that feed on pods and rely on this then a DIY would be the least expensive, you can do a large system that can contribute to there feeding habits witout the worry of starvation.
Plus you get to say I made this when someone asks about it.:rollface: