PDA

View Full Version : Weird clown behavior?

stewie24
05/16/2006, 08:28 PM
Bought a pair (not sure if they were mated or not?) of perc's on friday. They've slowly been adapting to the new tank (only fish in the tank). Started eating better each day.
I've noted some odd behavior from them and wondering if anyone could tell me whats going on (good/bad kind of thing)?
They swim together most of the time. One clow will seem like its "shaking" itself.. or have a seizure so to speak. Its head will shake and whatnot. It will stop and shortly afterwards the other will do it.
They both seem healthy and don't appear to have any diseases.
Anyone have an idea of whats going on? If no one knows i can possibly try and get a short vid clip of them.
Thanks
Stewie

crrichey
05/16/2006, 09:48 PM
They do this when they are forming a pair bond, it's a good thing ;)

stewie24
05/16/2006, 10:16 PM
Oh nice.. So even if they (playful it seems) nip at each other, thats still a good thing? I've seem the one nip at the other maybe 2 times. In the mid section of its body. Well, they keep doing it, so I guess its a good thing!
Thanks!!
Stewie

dzovi
05/16/2006, 11:46 PM
You'll see the male clown doing "the wiggle" toward the female clown when she nips at the male. He's just reinforcing the submission.

stykthyn
05/17/2006, 01:12 AM
as long as no serious damage is done he will be ok

angelsj247
05/17/2006, 10:46 AM
thats how clowns work it is their perfectly normal behavior. not to worry at all.

spidey69
05/17/2006, 03:29 PM
This may be the same thing but please help me anyway. My two clowns have been together for 18 months. they just now started doing this type of behavior, however the bigger of the 2 chases the other all over. I'm afraid he is going to stress him out. the smaller of the 2 is now hiding constantly. I don't notice any biting and when he does catch up to him he does the wiggle. should I be worried?

stewie24
05/17/2006, 03:52 PM
thanks for the helpful replies guys.
The smaller of the two is the one doing the wiggling, and the bigger of the two is doing the biting. (no harm being done, doens't happen that often).
I guess they are pairing up. Not bad for just getting them less than a week ago at 17.00 each :D
Stewie