PDA

View Full Version : Sump or HOB Refug?

Inigma
05/15/2006, 07:53 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted a quick opinion. I'm going to put a 16gBF on my desk and was debating on whether or not to drill it and tuck a 10g (cause I have two of these laying around) sump under the desk or whether it would be more beneficial to just snatch up a hang on the back refugium and call it done?

Couldn't really decide, but I wanted to put this thing together next week.

P.s. the drilling wouldn't be a problem, its more a question about wether or not you think its worth drilling to add a 10g sump.

lizardcouple
05/15/2006, 09:19 PM
sump would add more water volume and would make a more stable system and u could add a skimmer in it also. u should look at the cpr aquafuge they are nice i have one on a 15gallon tall it is nice but i am redoing the tank and adding a sump under neath and have that hanging off the back of it

kenny77
05/16/2006, 12:06 AM
sump and fuge

like said before it add volume to the system. the solution for polution is dilution in my opinion so the more water volume the better water quality you can have with a good filtration system

Henry22
05/16/2006, 01:28 PM
Just divide up the 1- gallon so some of it is a fuge and the rest is a sump for heater, skimmer, stuff like that.