PDA

View Full Version : anyone use jebo protien skimmer?

clownfish26
05/15/2006, 07:25 PM
Has anyone ever used the jebo protien skimmer before is it a good product for the money. I heard it works ok but it is made of cheap plastic?

Amphiprion
05/15/2006, 07:52 PM
I have seen them working and they are poor performers. They are not worth the plastic they are made from, IMHO. If you want a cheaper skimmer that performs reasonably well, check out the coralife super skimmer line.

rkelman
05/15/2006, 08:32 PM
I have one.. I just started my tank up so it remains to be seen how it works. Although with all the milkyness ect from new gravel / live rock ect it took alot of it away. I emptied the cup and it was pretty gross. I would assume that means it works.

kau_cinta_ku
05/15/2006, 09:34 PM
i had a jebo skimmer and works great for around a month then it just junked out and won't pull anything out no matter what i did to it. so now that is in the basement collecting dust and my new asm g2 took it's place. IMO i wouldn't go cheap on the skimmer as that is one of your best investments on keeping the tank healthy.

nm354
05/15/2006, 10:16 PM
I agree, don't go cheap on one of if not the most important peice of equipment on your tank. look into super skimmers if you want to save some money. I have not been impressed by a single item jebo/Odesea has come out with i think its all junk IMHO.

Andrew
05/16/2006, 03:02 PM
The 180 model is worthless. Only usefull thing I got out of it was for firewood. ;)