PDA

View Full Version : Adding new clown question

TOYMAN357
05/13/2006, 12:33 AM
Hello all,,, I have had my new tank up and running now for 7 months or so doing well. My first fish was a small clown he is growing slowly and is hosting a purple tip seabee Anemone. I was wonding if it is ok to add a second of the same clown to keep him or her company? I also have a very large LTA on other side of tank that has no renters yet. What is the name of the orange and white clown in my gallery. I am sorry I can not seem to get phoyos in this thread. I would also like to pick up a pair of the black and white clowns are 4 clowns too many for a 150 reef?

jjackson
05/13/2006, 01:34 AM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/509/104217FISH_TANK_050.jpg

there you go... looks like A. occelaris but its hard to tell.... dorsal fins are the most accurate way or so I am told but even that if it is 10 I was told might as well flip a coin... Im babbling my vote is Ocellaris

AquaReeferMan
05/13/2006, 01:50 AM
Yeah I believe it is a Ocellaris also. The dorsal fins do tell them apart(perc has 10, ocellaris has 11). Along with the perculas having much thicker black bars around their white bars. I just recenlty added a mis-bar Ocellaris with my current Perc. It took them a little to get used to each other but they hang around together now. As for added 3 being 4 total I dont know. I know I had trouble with a Fire and the Perc in my 55g before exchanging the fire for the mis-bar. I did see a tunze powerhead video with a guys tank having 3 Regular Percs with 2 Black Percs swimming together in the current. If you feel you can get away with it go for it, you have a large tank.

4MB
05/13/2006, 06:12 AM
My LFS has 3 oscellaris clowns in her 180 and they dont seem to mind each other. 2 are starting to pair up and the third guy kind of goes and hangs out on the other side if they start getting aggressive and then there are no more problems

TOYMAN357
05/14/2006, 12:03 AM
thank you for bringing photo out for me jjackson I think I will add 1 oscellaris and then maybe wait on the other paif for a couple weeks or so. I really like the clown fish wish I had set up the entire tank just clowns. I have another 150 and 2// 75 gal may do just clown reef in 1 of those next.