PDA

View Full Version : Blue Line Trigger & Harlequin Sweetlips

sidneybrooksjr
05/11/2006, 10:15 AM
My blue line trigger just killed a dragon wrasse that i introduced last wed. On the same day i went to Myrlte beach to play golf. I take it that that was a bad decision. Especially with no fish sitter. I just introduced a harlequin sweetlips that is a little bigger than the trigger. Will he last. Can both survive once i upgrade to a 110g? Any suggestions

SDguy
05/11/2006, 10:25 AM
I've actually seen a trigger rip the jaw off a sweetlips as they went for the same piece of food. I would personally not recommend this combo.

hth

jda
05/11/2006, 10:38 AM
Blue line trigger will likely be the only fish that you will eventaully be able to keep in the tank. They are super agressive - especially as they grow.

It will likely need more like a 240 or 300G.

Billybeau1
05/11/2006, 10:51 AM
I've had a picasso trigger with my sweetlips for quit some time now. They get along fine. Seems to me if the sweetlips stays larger than the trigger, then it could work. And the sweetlips will grow big. But I dont have any experience with the blue line.

Is your sweetlips eating good ? Many people had problems getting them to eat. I got lucky. Nice fish :)

stykthyn
05/12/2006, 01:02 AM
you have all those fish in a 46 gallon??? no wonder you are having issues.

sidneybrooksjr
05/12/2006, 07:15 AM
Stykthyn, i only have a sweetlips, and blue line trigger! the clown trigger and harlequin have peacefully moved on. I just introduced the sweetlips.

stykthyn
05/12/2006, 08:01 AM
ahhh

FMarini
05/12/2006, 08:52 AM
Sidney-
its pretty clear that the bluelined trigger will be alone. I'd recommend you NOT put any more fish in that tank w/ him. These triggers are notorious for being aggressive and in a tank as small as you list you'll not be able to keep anything else for extended periods.
AS for sweetlips...they do not feed and have an extremly poor survival record in captivity.Check out wetwebmedia.com for that info

Confooseld
05/12/2006, 03:24 PM
You definetly need to slow down with your fish. I wouldn't add anything for at least a month if I were you.