PDA

View Full Version : bad looking stuff, hoping for the best

drav
05/03/2002, 07:37 PM
My new neon finger leather is now doing this. Ive had it for about 2 weeks so hes not BRAND new. Been doing fine since I bought it and now its got this webby white stuff all over the edges. Really got me worried. Thanks

ps. I guess a picture would be helpful huh? ok call me stupid now!
picture is in post below sorry

water parameters:
Ammonia=0
nitrites=0
nitrates<5
ph 8.4
alk 10dkh

drav
05/03/2002, 11:39 PM
hrm, its been a long day

fishgirl
05/04/2002, 10:11 AM
One of my leathers has a similar looking sponge growing around the base. It's been there for at least a month now, and the leather seems to be suffering no ill effects - it looks bigger and better than ever actually.

Tammy

drav
05/04/2002, 11:05 AM
Well in some places its actually grown completely over the leather so Im kinda worried. Its been a couple days now and the growth is still that same whitish color and in the current its really flexible.

Avi
05/04/2002, 11:22 AM
is it me or do i see little orangeish bugs on the leather?

drav
05/04/2002, 12:03 PM
no thats actually something else, no bugs cause they dont move like flatworms or anything, stays in one place, it honestly looks like brown wafer algae, but it comes and goes, will basically come off from the current. At this point im expecting it to die, will be my first coral death of my tank, all my other corals are doing great.:(

Tcook
05/04/2002, 12:06 PM
You should post this in Eric's forum.

drav
05/04/2002, 12:13 PM
I did earlier today, I didnt think of that until after I posted it here, heh ive been so dang stressed from other crap that doesnt involve my tank so Its been a bad couple days. So this is just a great thing to add to my frustration :)