PDA

View Full Version : breaking down tank, Contents for sale, Peoria

jeep4x4greg
05/05/2006, 09:48 AM
all

hopefully posting a for-sale thread isnt a big no-no on here, if so i apologize!

i have a 20 gallon reef that im breaking down and the contents are for sale. (keeping the equipment and tank)

I'd like to sell everything all at once if possible

-20lbs of live rock has a good amount of macro algae on it that i could never get to go away

-1 false perc. clown

-Xenia, 3-4 clumps that split off of one when i bought it, each one is about 3-4 inches tall

-leather coral, branching kind, not the toadstool kind.....pink color

-Metalic green mushroom coral, a bunch of them on a rock, many small recent split offs, a few bigger ones

-a few smaller clusters of Green Star Polyps

-Frog spawn, when fully open about the size of an open hand.

-a big clump of Cheato macro algae i kept in the main tank to absorb bad stuff and made a nice breeding ground for pods...originally inteded for it to go in a sump tank.

-20 lbs of sand.....but from what i understand, you prolly arent going to want the sand...so i can dump that once the tank is empty if you dont want it

-a slew of drawf hermit crabs and snails.....

Everything is very healthy.....the frog spawn is growing nicely, a few of the heads have split since i bought it. the Xenia also split a few times....the GSPs have spread and attached nicely to where they were put on the rock. the Clown is healthy and a good eater and always lively, been in the tank for 7 months.

I'd like 120-ish$ for it, but i really have no idea what the going rate is for a break down like this....so all reasonable offers are welcome

you can message here or email me at jeep4x4greg (at) hotmail.com

everything is located in East Peoria, easy to find from I-74, buyer brings the buckets and containers for everything

selling because i'm going to be gone for 6 months for military stuff and dont want to deal with getting a tank sitter or trying to teach the girlfriend how to maintain it in my absence!

Thanks! :)

fkdenton
05/05/2006, 12:10 PM
You have a pm

smorrow5773
05/05/2006, 01:11 PM
I am interested in all of it, if still available. Can come get immediately.

jeep4x4greg
05/05/2006, 01:37 PM
smorrow, sent you a PM

still available as of right now

jeep4x4greg
05/05/2006, 02:02 PM
Sold, pending pickup this evening......that was fast :)

im gonna miss it though :(

i plan on going bigger and better when i get back though :)

lglamb
05/05/2006, 09:34 PM
Good luck, and be safe.

FWIW, this is how I like to see things done. Things available
locally initially made available to the locals.

We'll be here when you get back to get you started again.

jeep4x4greg
05/05/2006, 10:36 PM
i still have a lil while before i leave....but i really had no idea how long it would take to unload the stuff

smorrow5773 stopped by with his lovely, tolerant wife to pick the stuff up this evening.

i feel bad getting rid of it....but its in good hands for sure :)

too bad i just learned of this group a lil bit ago......woulda been useful when i was just getting started and had no idea what i was doing :-D

smorrow5773
05/06/2006, 07:03 AM
Greg,
The wife may be lovely and tolerant, but she loves the tanks as much as I do. In fact the tank this stuff is going into was a surprise for me. This one along with about 80lbs more of rock will become my full blown reef setup, the 65g will be aggressive, and the 360 will be tang/angle/softies. When you get back and ready to stock, shoot me a message and you can have frags to get you going again, there are a few people around here that are more than happy to help a newbie, just ask. By the way, everything survived the move and sandstorm and fully expanded this morning, too bad I have to get the rock moved today and stir things up again. Good luck.