PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI unit

zlwags85
04/28/2006, 08:15 PM
Anyone know of any good deals or where to get a simple RO/DI system? I can not permanetly install it, so i would have to temp hook it up to a faucet whenever i needed to make water. I would only need to make 10gallons a week and im tired of going to the grocery store to get 10gallons for almost 5$ a trip. Suggestions would be awesome, as i know absolutely nothing about them really, thanks.

keto
04/29/2006, 01:47 PM
I have a 4 stage unit with brand new filters and a extra set 100.00 plus shipping and will right to a screw on sink adapter.

JazzMann2
04/29/2006, 02:00 PM
Well, I don't know how much cost is a factor, but upon TCottle's and others suggestions, I bought a Typhoon III unit and I cant describe how happy I am with it. They have a faucet attachment you can get for like 5 bucks, well worth it if you cant install perm. It comes ready to go, fully installed with everything. It even came with a TDS meter. I thought the price was very very reasonable too.

wooddood
04/29/2006, 02:21 PM
the cheapest i've seen them is on ebay,you may want to check it out. good luck.

dave.:smokin:

zlwags85
04/29/2006, 03:23 PM
Yea, my budget is about a 100 dollars, I cant really afford to spend any more than that. How often do you use a TDS meter to check the water and is it vital to have one right away?

keto
04/29/2006, 05:25 PM
I wouldent run a reef without one, I checked mine here and there but I also made 50 gal at a time. so it lasted about two weeks

JazzMann2
04/29/2006, 07:57 PM
I check mine often. I make up only about 20g's at a time. But you mainly have to check it when you are making it. I randomly test it in between those times just out of bordem. I also wouldnt want to run any system without both Ro/Di or a TDS meter to double check now that I've grown custom to it