PDA

View Full Version : My Power Head Keeps Falling off the Glass ***HELP***

Lpabsolute
04/26/2006, 01:47 PM
I just purchased a new Max Jet 1200 powerhead for my tank. I placed it in the tank with the 3 suction cups. I left my house for an hour and when i came back it had fell to the bottom of the tank and blown all of the sand to the opposite side of the tank. ***!!!! Is there any way to better stick it to the glass? I fixed everything and stuck it in place again, and in 10 mins. i noticed it was slipping off the glass again. Help Please

twon8
04/26/2006, 01:51 PM
there is a clip holder that comes with the maxijets and i use it, it works much better, no chance of it coming loose.

sheepdawg
04/26/2006, 02:06 PM
Another alternative would be to silicone or epoxy the powerhead to a magnet such as magfloat. I put my MJ on a magnet and love how I can move it around without putting my hand in the water now.

funkyman
04/26/2006, 02:08 PM
I have the same problem from time to time, but when it happens I wipe off the inside of the suction cups and clean the glass where it will be stationed. After both of these cleanings, it will stay put for quite a while.

twon8
04/26/2006, 02:11 PM
does no one else use the clip? i won't use suction cups anymore, the clip is perfect, i only wonder why i didn't try it sooner.

Kaiser Tang
04/26/2006, 02:38 PM
They do come loose from time to time. I periodically scrub the glass where they attach and also scrub the suction cups. That usually does the trick. However, if I don't scrub them for a couple of months, they do come off. I just scrub them down and reattach.

roons
04/26/2006, 02:46 PM
yeah , what a pia, the clips wouldnt work on my tank cuz of my canopy, so i melted them with a lighter , bent them to shape i needed then cooled under cold water..................cant have them far down in tank, so i added a couple of tunzes to make up for that........................

Paintbug
04/26/2006, 03:09 PM
heres an option http://www.nicksacrylicreef.com/viewitem.php?it_id=48 or you could make your own.