PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Free Coral available!

Kurt448
04/29/2002, 03:37 PM
Hey fellas I just want to let you know that I have an Acropora in my tank that is on the verge of going down the drain. See my site for pics. In a desperate effort to save it I am willing to give it to anyone who has an adequate system for its recovery. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I am located right on campus at the U of R. Thanks.

Here is a link to a thread I started about it earlier
http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=558909#post558909
-Kurt

Kurt448
04/29/2002, 06:15 PM
Nevermind, fujimo32360 (Bob) has taken it and hopefully it will recover in his tank.

Playfair
04/29/2002, 09:28 PM
Man, they sure did tear you up on that post! :(

You got that colony from CF, right? MANY of their wild acros never make it, even in the best of conditions.

That's why we have a club now :)

I'm sure someone (hint) can hook you up with a hardy sps if you want to give it a try, and there will be little guilt if it kicks...

Hang in there, and SLOW down a little... Kick back and enjoy what you have for a tad.

ps- I also got rammed a few times for things I have done. We just wish that everyone didn't have to find things out the hard way is all.

fujimo32360
04/29/2002, 10:48 PM
Kurt got it from Cquarium. I don't believe it had rtn. polyps were starting to come out just before the lights went out. I think it just needed more light.

Kurt448
04/29/2002, 11:55 PM
whats rtn??

Gary Majchrzak
04/30/2002, 12:20 AM
RTN = Rapid Tissue Necrosis. A rapid dieoff of the flesh covering a corals' skeleton. It is widely accepted that SPS {small polyp stony} corals ,such as acropora, should only be attempted in 'matured' systems greater than 2 years old.With the advent of computers and these boards,you will progress faster than I ever did, hopefully! But I agree with Playfair : SLOW DOWN with livestock additions.Research what your animal requires before purchasing it.You will spare yourself loss of life and MONEY! Buy captive raised whenever possible! Happy Reefing!