PDA

View Full Version : Help - Bubble Tip Anemone not looking good

kruiswyk
04/23/2006, 07:28 PM
My neighbor is out of the country for a week and his wife came to me for help. He has a green bubble-tip anemone that he got about 3 weeks ago. It had been seemingly doing OK in his tank until yesterday, although he was concerned that it seemed to not stay out for prolonged periods, but shrunk back into hiding under it's ledge fairly often. It did seem to come out and get active during feeding time pretty consistently.

Today, it has not come out at all but looks very shrunken back up under the rock ledge where it has settled. She doesn't know if it is dying and needs to be removed or what. I have never had an anemone and am not sure myself what it's condition is.

Advice anyone??

dermer
04/23/2006, 07:47 PM
im no expert on this subject but i have a bubble tip and it did the same thing and i almost lost it well in a way i did it is only about the size of a half dollar now and it was 6 inches around i was told it needs to be fed directly to get optimal needs good luck also check the water they r very sensative to high nitrats and amonia

shinny
04/23/2006, 07:51 PM
mine would expand and contract all the time when I got it. It took a long time (5 weeks) for it to come out of the rocks and adjust to my lights. Hope this helps.

kruiswyk
04/23/2006, 09:50 PM
Anyone else?? He had been feeding it directly pretty much every night.

It looks even more shrunk up now than it did a couple hours ago. She thinks it is dying. Should she sit tight for 24hrs and see how it looks tomorrow? She's afraid of it dying overnight and polluting the tank.