PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Songs Ever!

joeychitwood
04/22/2006, 09:02 AM
Here is a link to a CNN.com article (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/04/19/eye.ent.worstsong/index.html) on the worst songs of all time. It brings back a lot of memories.....mostly bad. I have to agree tha Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey" is in the top ten. What others would you add to the list?

Here (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/21/worst.songs.comments/index.html) is the follow up article, but I still don't see the worst of all:

We had joy, we had fun.
We had seasons in the sun......

wizardgus®
04/22/2006, 09:43 AM
Mothers of Invention, "Burnt Weenie Sandwhich" hands down worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. :mad:

dc
04/22/2006, 09:48 AM
Obviously you didn't get to pick them! :D I absolutely hate Roxanne.

pnosko
04/22/2006, 10:27 AM
Kenny Rogers's You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me, Lucille

Tool's Vicarious

j/k on that last one Darren! :D

mike4271
04/22/2006, 11:06 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7225692#post7225692 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pnosko
Kenny Rogers's [i]You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me, Lucille

i always thought that was titled The Cobbler's Song Pete ?

pnosko
04/22/2006, 11:39 AM
Actually, the title is simply Lucille.

64Ivy
04/22/2006, 11:51 AM
The Captain and Tenille's "Muskrat Love". Being a family board, I cannot describe here what that song, a hockey mask, and a fully loaded chainsaw could make me do.

Anything by Sade comes a really close second.

moogoomoogoo
04/22/2006, 11:54 AM
I actually liked "seasons in the sun". I always thought a few of the worst songs were "Nothing compares to you"by Sinead O'Conner, Brand New Key by Melanie??, "I want to love you all over" by Exile??, "Elivira" by ???, " Here you come again" by Dolly Parton. Obviously someone liked these as they sold a lot, but in my opinion these are horrible. I don't know if I got all the titles right.

Sk8r
04/22/2006, 11:57 AM
Oh, no. "Smoke Gets in your Eyes." I was snowbound in a cabin for 2 weeks with 3 people who couldn't stand silence, and that was our only record.

Agu
04/22/2006, 12:46 PM
Glenn Campbell, Lineman for the County

nuff said...............

mike4271
04/22/2006, 12:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7226041#post7226041 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pnosko
Actually, the title is simply Lucille.

Oh, sorry, I thought it was Loose Heel ;)

joeychitwood
04/22/2006, 01:41 PM
Paul Anka "You're Having My Baby." Seizure-inducing.

Nina51
04/22/2006, 04:24 PM
anything and everything by tom jones. "what's new pussycat" makes me barf

DJ88©
04/22/2006, 04:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7225692#post7225692 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pnosko
Kenny Rogers's You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me, Lucille

Tool's Vicarious
j/k on that last one Darren! :D

:lol:

good one Pete.. you had me for a second there. ;)

spice girls nuff said

PoukieBear
04/22/2006, 05:58 PM
This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

Raki04
04/22/2006, 06:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7225553#post7225553 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc
Obviously you didn't get to pick them! :D I absolutely hate Roxanne.

NO!!!! .....you mean to tell me that you've been plagued by that song for the last 20 some odd years too?????
I almost want to change my name!!!!
It was no good shorting it to Roxy I hate that and Rocky only gets people trying to box with you...Hence the "Raki"(pronounced Rah-key)

Raki04
04/22/2006, 06:30 PM
Nickel Back's
"photograph"
The local radio's Morning show does a running joke with it ..one of the DJ's is exceptionally good at impressions and whenever there is a mention about Nickel Back he usually goes in to a parody of the song. It's the only way I can take that tune.

"This is where I went to school,
This is where I took a crap
This is where I blew chunks"

Confooseld
04/22/2006, 06:50 PM
Oh god Nickleback I chose "Alternative" as my music prefrence purely out of fear of having a roomate who likes them for college next year WORST BAND EVER!

Unome
04/22/2006, 07:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7225553#post7225553 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc
Obviously you didn't get to pick them! :D I absolutely hate Roxanne. I've heard many interviews and polls about worst song and that title is mentioned most often.

dc
04/22/2006, 08:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7227667#post7227667 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Raki04
NO!!!! .....you mean to tell me that you've been plagued by that song for the last 20 some odd years too?????
I almost want to change my name!!!!
It was no good shorting it to Roxy I hate that and Rocky only gets people trying to box with you...Hence the "Raki"(pronounced Rah-key)

LOL, well I don't have to ever hear it now that I have satellight radio. I can't believe they ever played it, let alone still play it! I always just turned the radio off! Can't find another one around here.
:D

bsaastad
04/22/2006, 11:48 PM
Let's see ... how about :

Feelings (whoa, whoa whoa feelings -- blech!)
Billy, Don't Be a Hero
The Pina Colada Song
Sometimes When We Touch

O'Man
04/23/2006, 10:23 AM
Playground in my mind
My Sharona
You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore (unless it is Andrea Martin & Joe Flaherty from SCTV doing it as Barbra Streisand & Slim Whitman instead of the real Barbra Streisand & Neil Diamond)

Nanook
04/23/2006, 10:57 AM
afternoon delight

mickey85
04/23/2006, 12:11 PM
Worst song ever - bananaphone. Just try getting that out of your head.

joeychitwood
04/23/2006, 12:19 PM
Hey Mickey, you're so fine,
You're so fine you blow my mind.
Hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!

Muttling
04/23/2006, 05:08 PM
My pick is

Muscrat Love

Stephany
04/23/2006, 05:18 PM
1. Lisa Loeb - Stay
2. Any song that has each line starting with the word, "Sometimes"
ie: Vanessa Williams - Save the best for Last
3. Abba - Dancing Queen
4. Beyonce - Check up on it (or whatever)

You know what sucks more than sucky songs?

Medleys made of sucky songs.

bsaastad
04/23/2006, 06:32 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7232885#post7232885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Stephany

You know what sucks more than sucky songs?

Good songs made sucky by sucky people. Like Merv Griffin singing Piano Man, or Steve & Edie singing anything (Steve smarms his way through while Edie inevitably forgets the words -- why did they get famous???)

The exception to that rule is if it's bizarre enough to be entertaining, like William Shatner singing(?) Tamborine Man

Along that line, I ran across an album of Sebastion Cabot reciting Bob Dylan lyrics -- to an appropriate musical accompaniment, of course. Truly weird ...

joeychitwood
04/23/2006, 06:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7233271#post7233271 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bsaastad
Along that line, I ran across an album of Sebastion Cabot reciting Bob Dylan lyrics -- to an appropriate musical accompaniment, of course. Truly weird ... $25 to $50 on eBay these days. Do you have it?

http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/e2/17/72_1.JPG

bsaastad
04/23/2006, 06:55 PM
Unfortunately, no. The closest I can come to that is my older sister has a compilation of these oddities. Shatner, Nimoy, Sebastion -- a few others I can't remember. Frankly, I'd love to have copies of all of that stuff just for the freakishness of it. Somewhere I have a grainy VHS recording of William Shatner on the Mike Douglas Show singing (for lack of a better word) "It Was A Very Good Year".

Folks, now that's entertainment :)

Minuteman
04/23/2006, 09:20 PM
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna get wit'cha
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But with that butt you got makes me feel so horny
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupy
I've seen them dancin'
The hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!

Scuba_Dave
04/23/2006, 09:56 PM
What about the big balls song...

BrianD
04/23/2006, 09:59 PM
You light up my life

mickey85
04/24/2006, 12:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7231550#post7231550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeychitwood
Hey Mickey, you're so fine,
You're so fine you blow my mind.
Hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!

NOOOO!!!!

that bloody thing haunted me throughout my high school career!

Muttling
04/24/2006, 06:53 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7235418#post7235418 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mickey85
NOOOO!!!!

that bloody thing haunted me throughout my high school career!

Did you ever see the video??? If that doesn't give a high school kid nightmares, nothing will.

joeychitwood
04/24/2006, 08:47 AM
In my mind, the worst album of all time: Tom Waits "Real Gone."

mike4271
04/24/2006, 09:06 AM
Oh no, the memories are starting to come back, anyone remember "McArthur Park" by Richard Harris!!:eek1:

mike4271
04/24/2006, 09:14 AM
And how about "You Spin Me Right Round Baby... right round like a record baby, right round, right round...You Spin Me...(ad nauseum)", like having a mosquito trapped in your room at night, this song will go round and round your head like a record baby, right round, right round. Aargh!

moogoomoogoo
04/24/2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks a lot BrianD. Just now have I stopped puking. I got it all over my shirt. I had blocked "You light up my Life" for years only to have you unlock it. I think this is my most hated song!

Travis L. Stevens
04/24/2006, 09:28 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7236357#post7236357 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mike4271
And how about "You Spin Me Right Round Baby... right round like a record baby, right round, right round...You Spin Me...(ad nauseum)", like having a mosquito trapped in your room at night, this song will go round and round your head like a record baby, right round, right round. Aargh!

I hate the original one. I like when Distubrd did the remix

joeychitwood
04/24/2006, 09:48 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7234614#post7234614 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
You light up my life While sitting in an airport restaurant a couple of weeks ago, Pat Boone walked in and sat down next to me. He's getting old.

mike4271
04/24/2006, 09:56 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7236556#post7236556 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeychitwood
While sitting in an airport restaurant a couple of weeks ago, Pat Boone walked in and sat down next to me. He's getting old.

I would have told him to get his own table Joey, he can afford it:)

AdidaKev
04/24/2006, 10:22 AM
Centerfold - I cringe every time I hear the opening...ughhhh.

daFrimpster
04/24/2006, 10:27 AM
HEY MACARENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sicklid
04/24/2006, 11:36 AM
What was that song by Billy Ray Cyrus?

Disco duck

Gimme Dat Ding

Put the lime in the coconut

Puke

Travis L. Stevens
04/24/2006, 11:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7237080#post7237080 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sicklid
What was that song by Billy Ray Cyrus?

Achey Brakey Heart? *shudder*

BrianD
04/24/2006, 12:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7236556#post7236556 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeychitwood
While sitting in an airport restaurant a couple of weeks ago, Pat Boone walked in and sat down next to me. He's getting old.

Were you hoping Debbie would show up so they could sing a duet?

You
You light up my life
you give me hope
to carry on
you light up my days
and fill my nights with song
this can't be wrong
when it feels so right
because you
you light up my life

BrianD
04/24/2006, 12:10 PM
I have a new avatar just for Joey.

ReefWifey
04/24/2006, 01:06 PM
"And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.....will always love uuuuuuuuuuuuuu....." Whitney. Crack indeed.

"Near....far....where ever you are.....", The Titanic Song. The only thing that could have improved that movie is sharks.

Detachable Penis.

Axel-F/The Crazy Frog song. Okay, the only thing worse than a annoyingly catchy synthasized tune that gets stuck in your head yet you can't sing along with, is adding to it the vocals of a crazed frog on a moped.

99 Luft Ballons. That a lyrical masterpiece right there.

Kam

joeychitwood
04/24/2006, 02:21 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7237244#post7237244 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
I have a new avatar just for Joey. Gee Brian, I'm getting all misty!

Ewan
04/24/2006, 06:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7231088#post7231088 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nanook
afternoon delight

No kidding. My wife doesn't understand why that song gives me the creeps... then again, I don't either.

What a strange song.

petenheather
04/25/2006, 06:30 AM
Whip it...whip it good! dont remember who sings it, but it haunted me in JR. high...uuugggh

moogoomoogoo
04/25/2006, 08:17 AM
Devo sings whip it- I kind of like it. Sorry. I thought of another bad one, Olivia Newton John's "I honestly Love you" I think I would rather have a root canal than ever listen to that again.

bsaastad
04/25/2006, 09:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7237534#post7237534 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefWifey
"And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.....will always love uuuuuuuuuuuuuu....." Whitney. Crack indeed.

Yup, WH kinda made a mess of that one. Linda Ronstadt recorded a really good version of that song in 1975. It's on her "Prisoner in Disguise" album. It was pretty horrifying the first time I heard Whitney's pop bombast version.

Let's see ...

Funkytown
Harden My Heart --- anything by Quarterflash, for that matter ...
Mr. Roboto

Agu
04/25/2006, 10:47 AM
Just got back from the dentist where the musak is "Disgusting Pop Songs".

"These Boots are Made for Walking" was followed by "You're so Vain" . :rolleyes:

mike4271
04/25/2006, 10:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7237534#post7237534 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefWifey
Dolly Partons version is watchable, at least she is "up front" about it.

99 Luft Ballons.

If you have the single, play the other side:lol: :lol:

daFrimpster
04/25/2006, 06:14 PM
Dolly wrote "I will always love you"

Scuba_Dave
04/25/2006, 06:17 PM
Can't Touch this

tsquad
04/25/2006, 06:21 PM
The Stroke by Billy Squier

Stephany
04/25/2006, 10:17 PM
It's not even out yet and I'm putting it on the list.

Kevin Federline (otherwise known as K-Fed) - Papazao

He's the real reason trailer parks have gates.

petenheather
04/26/2006, 03:24 AM
anything by britney spears....YUCK!

tibbs2
04/26/2006, 03:56 PM
It's Raining Men, Hallelujah.