PDA

View Full Version : LIRA reefers Attending REEFNEST MEGA FRAG SWAP..

zooqi
04/20/2006, 10:17 PM
For a long time I wanted to attend one of your meetings but something comes up and I can't make it. Next time Sanjay is down there I will be taking a ride with him. I have heard there are some fine reefers with some nice corals there. We have a big meeting that is worth the drive on MY 6th and looking forward to see some of you guys here. Thanks and keep up the good reefing. :)
This will be educational meeting and if you have something that you want to share and show please do. There will be kids we are showing stuff to and few stuff for them too. Is a family event and lots of fun..

http://reefnest.com/fragswaps/poster.jpg

DgenR8
04/21/2006, 08:53 PM
I put a sticky on this for you Zooqi.

terranova
04/21/2006, 09:02 PM
Any LIRA people going? Can we have a carpool or something? Sounds kinda fun. :)

zooqi
04/22/2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks Larry and we appreciate that. Carpooling is the way to go, is cheaper with gas and fun but make sure you save enough room for frags or you will have to leave one of LIRA friends here to get your frags home. We did that when we went to all Ohio. We ended up going with two cars and it was worth the trip. Looking forward to see you guys. We are working hard here to put this program together to make it worth your trip.

aaron23
05/01/2006, 10:32 PM
dam it, i have a final at 10 on saterday i cant make it. sob liek i'd know how to get there right larry? :P

billsreef
05/01/2006, 10:56 PM
Frag swap or wife's birthday.....I know what I'd rather do :lol:
However, you might end up with a permanent house guest :eek2:
So I'll have to settle for wishing you guy's a good Swap :thumbsup:

zooqi
05/02/2006, 12:38 AM
We have something at the meeting that we might be needing LIRA members to help us with.

Here is what we have..
We have somebody who found a turtle on a street in NY area and they brought it home. They did not know what kind it was and it was along the highways and they were afraid cars will go over it. They kept it for a week or two and they contacted me to see if I have an idea. I looked at it and and I knew it was diamond back turtle ( Diamondback Terrapin or Malaclemys terrapin) and it has a crack mark on the shell and not sure if it was hit by a car or no. I kept it and took care of it and is looking better now. The only reason we kept it is beacause we told them that they are protected in some states and we will try our best to get him to the area it belongs.

Diamond back (http://www.ocean.udel.edu/kiosk/terrapin.html)

Since diamondbacks are protected in some states we would like to run a section of our program to adopt the diamondback. Either to get enough money to bring it to where they find it in NY or to find a group that can help us find a place or where they belond to.
Any LIRA members have any info about them in your area please contact us and we would like to have as much information you can give us. We will be happy to bring it back and with your help put it back to where it came from since we are not femiliar with your marsh areas and diamondback locations. Any help please.. Diamondback will be at our event with all the information about it passed to those who attend and teach kids about them too.

DgenR8
05/02/2006, 03:26 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7287093#post7287093 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aaron23
dam it, i have a final at 10 on saterday i cant make it. sob liek i'd know how to get there right larry? :P

:eek2: I hope that's not an English/Spelling final :eek1: :lol:

zooqi
05/04/2006, 07:26 PM
Hi,
It looks like REEFNEST SPRING MEGA FRAG SWAP 06 is going to be one of the biggest frag meetings with people from all over attending it. I just wanted to send this email to thank everybody for being part of this event that will give REEFNEST team a chance to bring everybody together to share knowledge, frags, corals, equipment... etc. We are working hard to make this event a successful event.

Here are the final notes from REEFNEST team to everybody who is attending:
-Please watch your kids and family members are responsible for kids they bring.
-Plenty of parking available and if you are driving by the door to drop your stuff please move the car after unloading and loading again.
-No corals, fish in the pool table area. We must keep them in the designated area.
- If you have displays please let us know ahead of time if you need extension cords or please bring your own.
-If you have a DIY to show others to help our educational program then please let us know and thanks in advance.
-REEFNEST team appreciates your donations of frags, corals, fish, equipment and this month we had experienced a system crash in one of the schools and we are working hard to bring the system back and with everybody's help we are sure it won't be long and that system is up again and running and thanks for your donations and support.
-If is time to trim your refugium then please bring your algae to us and we can use it and we are looking for macro algae from systems that are free of aiptasia and flatworm.
-REEFNEST team will be selling few corals to help buy few things, prizes for students, flyers, etc and your purchase is a good support.
-The membership at the door is for NCPARS and not REEFNEST and we are clarifying this since we got few emails about it. We encourage people to be members of NCPARS and we thank them for sponsoring this event and their big support. REEFNEST will have flyers about our summer and fall meeting at the event.
-Please bring your digital camera to shoot pictures of the event and we appreciate you sharing it with others online and sending it to us to add them to our website.
-Keep your name tag on at all the time and this will help people who you are trading with find you and it also help people at the door know that you have paid the admission fees.
Looking forward for this meeting and you guys have a safe trip. If you need any assistance please keep this phone number handy (570)337-9069
For those who have not seen this publication about the meeting should check this link too.
http://www.webbweekly.com/
-So far we have close to 130 registered at frag swapper and there will be about 30-40 who I know that are not registerd attending.
Some are arriving to Williamsport on Friday night and we are meeting at Econo Lodge Williamsport 2019 E Third St. From 9:00pm-?? so if you are in town and want to have a drink with some reefers please stop by.
Thank you and safe trip..
Yours,
REEFNEST TEAM

zooqi
05/21/2006, 09:48 AM
LARRY,
You can remove the sticky from here if you want..
Thanks bunches (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=828736)

Thanks Alot