PDA

View Full Version : my GBTA wont eat

kisscouple
04/18/2006, 09:39 PM
Hello Ive had my GBTA for about a month or so now and it still wont eat. Ive been trying the raw frozen shrimp from the store thawed first of course. I been cutting it into 1/4 inch or so cubes. My condy eats it right up but my GBTA wont touch it. I stick it in its tentacles and it releases it almost instantly. What am I doing wrong? Please help Im getting worried his color is still bright green but Im at a loss at why he/she wont eat. Thanks Bill

redvipe2010
04/18/2006, 11:20 PM
Mine loves to eat silverside. Does it look healthy?

Biotope7
04/19/2006, 12:37 AM
I second the silverside. I feed mine twice a week.

sertac
04/19/2006, 07:00 AM
My GBTA was also not eating anything for 2 weeks .,i introduced him krill fish food and some other frozen shrimps. His tantacles was not sticky as i observed those days and bta was acting very slowly. After some day he addopt and start to react fast and has his tantacles sticky.
Than i introduced him fresh ghost shrimp locally collected and he got all inside....

I think it is because your gbta is not yet adapted to new environment if his tantacles are not sticky, reacting to any event slowly and not eating.....

Stormtrker
04/19/2006, 07:08 AM
Don't give up. Continue trying to feed--silversides I think are better nutritionally. Especially for a BTA under stress. Continue trying to feed daily until it readily takes the food then decrease frequency of feeding. Mine was extremely difficult to get to eat for the first 2 months and now is a pig. Color has really deepened. At first it would shrivel up to expel waste and stay shriveled up for at least a day. This would occur at least every other day. Sometimes during this it would also loose it's grip on the rock and I would find it rolling around on the sand. It also moved around a lot. Finally it settled down(on the same spot it was originally:D ) and has grown a lot. Now it only shrivels up about 1-2x a week and reinflates within 1-2 hours. I think sometimes they just take quite a while to settle down and adjust to our tanks. I feed mine 3x week.
Carla

TOURKID
04/19/2006, 07:12 AM
hu... ive had my bta almost 2 months. liked silverslides.... the past 4 times ive tried to feed her (thats 2 weeks strait almost!) she has spit the silverslide back out a few hours later... she'll still eat mysis tho. and poops every day (whitch i thought was weird sine shes not always getting food)

kisscouple
04/19/2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks guys I guess ill try to find some silversides and try that hopefully it starts to eat. It looks healthy enough just not eating I think it finally found its place in the tank right on top of my biggest feather duster of course :) Hasnt stung it I guess it still opens up touching the nem. Thanks again you guys are always great Thanks Bill