PDA

View Full Version : Moving equals Cool new aquarium

Terminal
04/17/2006, 07:14 PM
So Ill be moving from the OKC area back to SE Oklahoma over the summer. That means new house and easy access to my step-dad's and brothers router and table saw. I plan on building probably a 200 gallon tank from acrylic even though it scratches easily. I will be putting probably a 75 gallon sump/ refugium in it unless you guys can tell me something else to use or perhaps smaller with suggestions. I would like advice on how I should do it, even though I have been reading up quite a bit on making my own any advice will help.

LotR Clown
04/17/2006, 07:26 PM
Good luck with the build. I don't have any experience building tanks with acrylic, so no help from me. If you are going large, acrylic would probably be the way to go.
Good luck and keep us updated.

Kevin

ZC
04/17/2006, 11:28 PM
if you are gonna do it yourself i would use the pins method when building it( if you haven't already) look it up in the DIY forum, there's a good thread about that.

Catlen, when are you gonna take pics of the 75 you have now? Sounds like you inherited jonesies' tank with the colloseum pillars and all?

Terminal
04/17/2006, 11:47 PM
No didnt inherit Jonesies' but I bought one from Critter Dome with a stand and everything and turned it SW. Im still unsure how Im going to make it really but I want it to be around either 3 or 4 foot square panels. I cant find my digital camera so there are no pictures right now but I have a small Panther Grouper, a Tomato Clown, 4 hermit crabs, several different snails, a Lawn mower blenny, a spiny green urchin, and a chocolate chip stairfish and two Condy anenomes