PDA

View Full Version : Will clowns always host?

Riptide10
04/16/2006, 07:02 PM
I have a pair of black & white clowns bought from liveaquaria. These are tank raised. They are fully grown and are a pair.

I recently added a BTA from a separate tank. It had hosted a pair of maroons.

It's been 24 hours and the black & whites don't show any interest in the anemone. They are hanging around the back on the opposite end of the tank.

Is there any way to encourage them or are they likely to not host for me? Kind of disappointed that they didn't take right to it.

04/16/2006, 08:55 PM
Clowns pairing with mate, Clowns hosting an anemone....They either do or they dont.

Some host right away, Ive heard of some hosting after 5 years....Mother nature :rolleyes:

Riptide10
04/16/2006, 09:06 PM
Well bummer. I guess if they don't host then that's it. :(

I'm guessing the next 48 hours will be key. If they haven't hosted by middle of next week or shortly thereafter then they probably aren't going to.

ChunksInClemson
04/16/2006, 10:07 PM
Hey riptide, there are a couple of tricks you can try before giving up! Get a decent sized strainer, and put the clowns and the anemone in it and float it (it will float itself i think). If you have halides, be careful not to bleech the anemone. With the little amount of space, the clowns will really have nothing else to do but to dive in. This should work within 48 hrs. If it doesnt, let me know so I can give ya some more hints. HTH

04/16/2006, 10:07 PM
If they dont host you can always try another pair :D??!!!

mandrin13
04/17/2006, 11:17 AM
I have some clarkii's hosting a huge xenia