PDA

View Full Version : Lampsnow.com 4 bulb VHO

VC
10/26/2000, 08:28 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows anything about them I did search on a couple of boards did not here anything bad about them. also did not read of anyone who actually had one.
4 bulbs vho ballast with end caps $129.99 with coupon has a 3 year warranty they say they are the same performance andwireing as ice cap so I ordered one today does anybody have one
haveing second thoughts now.
I should have asked before I ordered
check them out

http://www.lampsnow.com/4lampvhokit.html

Vince

bcobra
10/27/2000, 02:05 AM
VC
I did the same thing ordered then ran the search on a few boards with no luck.It took about three weeks for delivery because after reading the first post on these they sold out pretty quick.Anyway I received them and installed the setup but did not like the way the tank looked. Other than a two bulb PFO VHO set used with a 65k on my sps tank this was my first time using VHO as the sole lighting for a tank so I can not compare them to any other setup such as the IceCap.
The ballast ran a little warm but not hot the only thing that I did not like is that I could not take the wires off the end caps to run them through the stand-offs.I setup using 4 URI bulbs 3 actinic white and 1 blue made the tank look a little too pink for me.