PDA

View Full Version : did i get ripped off?

camelo
04/16/2006, 12:32 AM
hi everyone
i recently bought two tickets for a yankees game from a website (the one where fans buy from fans) and i feel like i got ripped off. The description of the tickets said section 8 behind home plate, instead i get tier 8. If you look at the seating chart at yankees.com (http://www.yankees.com) you will see that there is a section 8 behind home plate and a tier 8 all the way on top.
I have talked to them over the phone and they wont give me a refund because "i was suppose to have called them and make sure which section it was before i purchased the tickets". Yet every other listing i check specified that it was either tier 1, tier 5, box 643, etc.... this one just said section 8 behind home plate. Then he went on to say "that the tickets in that section go for way more than what i paid for them" I paid sixty dollars each and after fees and shipping came out to $160, (these tickets have a face value of 19 dollars each). At the time i did think it was kind off cheap but i never been to a game before and the phrase "behind home plate" closed the deal for me. After more discussing back and forth he said that "tier 8 is technically behind home plate". No matter what i said he basically kept repeating the same thing to me. Well it ended up with him offering me to resell the tickets on their web site and they would wave their fee, by that time i was so frustrated that i just hanged up on him.

I guess i rushed into this, but do i have the right to a refund and what other means can i pursue, will the credit card company help me out?

Thanks for your help

Nina51
04/16/2006, 04:53 AM
they sold, you bought. that about sums it up. consider it a lesson learned.

Minuteman
04/16/2006, 06:24 AM
Your credit card company can help, but you will have to show how he was deceptive.

hot4teacher
04/16/2006, 08:11 AM
You MIGHT have a chance if you can show he misrepresented the item he was selling. If it does in fact say Section 8 in the ad and the tickets are for Tier 8, I would consider that misrepresentation.

Buying off the internet sight unseen sucks. I only buy from retailers online that have exchange policies. I don't do eBay and other auctions or individual sale sites anymore. The ineternet is a giant garage sale with everyone's junk on it. Hard to truly find a steal anymore.

If it's too good to be true these days, it is! Consider the 100's if not thousands of other people that saw the add too.

Dana

Ludwigia73
04/16/2006, 09:12 AM
Right away, do a print screen on the ad. He'll most assuredly be removing it to get rid of the evidence. Then if you follow up, you'll have more ammo. Just don't go section 8 over it. ;)

jim293
04/16/2006, 10:56 AM
Maybe an honest mistake.

Scuba_Dave
04/16/2006, 11:03 AM
I always download the web page to my PC. You have to read everything very carefully. I tried booking a vacation, put in the airport I wanted, it said I was going to the island specifed (Grenadines).
Then after I paid it confirmed I was going to ANOTHER island in
the Grenadines. I called within 15 minutes, they said they couldn't refund the $$ - tickets were on the way - and you are goin where you want. Uh no - it's a 2 hour boat ride away
I said uh-uh I just booked, #2 I downloaded your website to show the error - try it
He did & they refunded the money

You need to prove they were in error in their advertising

JmLee
04/16/2006, 05:03 PM
just explain to your CC company what happened and they will refund you. When ever my brother runs into similiar problems he just calls he's CC company and they refund him right away.

BeltwayBandit
04/17/2006, 09:58 AM
You could also complain to the website that brokered the deal. Again you will need some proof that they misrepresented the tickets.