PDA

View Full Version : Anemone hiding Why?

nitratesucks
04/15/2006, 11:25 PM
I just got 2 Long tentacle anemone's. They are trying to hide there heads in the rock. Not shure why they won't come out and soak up some rays from the MH's. I gave them both a piece of shrimp to eat and they ate it with no problem's. My new saddle back is trying to host one of them but its not being very freindly. There foot is up in the water. Are they going to be ok? They have only been in my tank for three days.

TOURKID
04/16/2006, 11:47 AM
need to adjust to the light maybe? try a sun screen?

davocean
04/16/2006, 11:53 AM
Yeah, acclimating.
My LTA is under PC's, and still stays at bottom of tank.
When I change lights he'll stress for a few days till he acclimates.

nitratesucks
04/16/2006, 11:56 AM
The smaller one has seemed to exceped the clown now and has stoped moveing into the rock work. The larger one has moved right into the rocks over night I can see him and he looks ok. Should i just wait for him to come backout on his own? Or dig him out?

nitratesucks
04/16/2006, 11:58 AM
You musthave been typing at the same time as me cause i didnt see you post. thanks for the input guys

TOURKID
04/16/2006, 12:00 PM
no no digging! :)

just let them be. mine has been wondering for about a month... as soon as the lights go out. it has staied in the same spot for 5 nights now *knocking on wood* so i think he found his good flow.

they will move a bit until they are happy.

nitratesucks
04/16/2006, 12:15 PM
I think your right ill just leave them alone. Its hard to just leave all the critters alone and let them find there own way. I think that sometimes, we the aquarist's are the problem hehe thanks.