PDA

View Full Version : New frag questions

fkdenton
04/12/2006, 09:48 AM
Well yesterday I went to st jacobs and to TWINPEAKS(from the st louis forum) for some frags. He has a awsome hammer and frogspawn. I got frags of each as well as some star polyps and pulsing xenia. The frags of the frogspawn and hammer opened up soon after I put them in and look great. Now my questions are how much light do they like? I have them halfway high in my 46 bow and they are under a 36 inch tek t-5 system. On the frogspwan it has to heads and one is brighter green than the other. Will they like there current placement? How often should I feed them? Also I am still looking for more lps so let me know if anyone has frags.

Thank You
Floyd

llewoh05
04/12/2006, 02:11 PM
my frogspawn and xenia both did wonderful in only 30watt. of PC light. i put the frogspawn in mid to low current about 1/2 up the 10gal. and the xenia on the bottom under high current. it seemed to flourish and grow faster in a high current than anywhere else.

Now i have the frogspawn under 150 watt HQI in mid-low flow 1/2 way up the 10gal. and i have 4 new heads growing.
The xenia is on the bottom under mid flow and its gotten about 4 inches taller.
i suppose the hammer would be the same as the frog. Not sure about star polyps. I don't even target feed anything. i just put the food in the current and they seem to get enough.

fkdenton
04/13/2006, 04:38 PM
They are opened up real nice and looking good.

panaboy95
04/13/2006, 05:52 PM
we need pics all this stuff you have been adding lots of goodies and you just keep teasing us. show us some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!