PDA

View Full Version : SCWD questions?

johnfluevogs
04/11/2006, 12:08 PM
Can a SDWD flow alternator be plumbed with PVC as opposed to soft tubing? Does anyone have any insight and or thoughts on this device, and any installation tips?

idua
04/11/2006, 12:27 PM
I would probably skip SCWD. First, the only way to connect it is with soft tubing. Second, your pumps throughput will be cut in half. Third, the inlet/outlets are really small. I can’t remember exactly but I think they are ½� or may be even smaller. You may want to look at oceans motions Squrt.

emoore
04/11/2006, 12:38 PM
I have a SCWD on a closed loop on my 29 gallon and it works well. The inlet and outlets are 3/4" but you have to use soft tubing. I have PVC for most of the closed loop you just need a hose barb to go from PVC to tubing. It is really simple.

kclewis
04/11/2006, 12:42 PM
I didnt like my scwd at all. it cut my return way down. after about 6 months of use it wouldnt alternate outlets anymore. if you have not purchased it yet i would look for another alternative.

smleee
04/11/2006, 12:52 PM
Yes you use 3/4" ID soft tubing, but the actual ID of the inlet to the SQWD is about 1/2" to 5/8", give or take. You can dremel it out to make it larger too.

eee

dr.darkness
04/11/2006, 01:05 PM
I drilled the inlet and outlets and have gotten much better flow.Also I agree with smleee about the ID.