PDA

View Full Version : My Diamond Goby Committed Suicide

JusJim
04/10/2006, 09:43 PM
We've not seen our Diamond Goby all day today. I blew around some of the rocks with a turkey baster looking for him, and then tonight when I went to turn off the pumps at feeding time, there he was....

on the floor under the stand.

I know they are known to be jumpers, and our tank is covered with glass on the front and the back has a very snug fitting egg crate over it, with virtually no open spaces around equipment.

It all fits very snug around the filter and skimmer, and such.

It probably could of fit thru one of the egg crate holes, but it would of had to have jumped just right to make it.

Does anyone think it's possible that it actually did jump up thru one of the holes in the egg crate?

Snowboarder2757
04/10/2006, 09:50 PM
ooh I dont know...that would be one heck of a jump. Do you ever take off the egg crate for any reason, water change, anything at all and maybe forgot to put it back on? I cant really imagine a diamond goby being able to jump like that.... But if you put everything back then I guess it had to go through the egg crate...

bertoni
04/10/2006, 09:50 PM
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the loss. I had a Swissguard basslet jump, and was pretty unhappy. Fish seem to be able to find suicide holes with laser precision.

JusJim
04/10/2006, 10:13 PM
I did my normal Sunday Water change on Sunday afternoon.....but even then I just remove the glass that is over the front half of the tank.

Fed them last night about 6 and all was fine. Watched it much of the night while sitting in the living room.

Nothing was moved until I moved the glass back tonight (after he was found on the floor) to feed them.