PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing a ETSS600 off an overflow

Rare Angels
04/07/2006, 09:38 AM
Guys/Gals

I have breeding setup that I am setting up that has a ETSS600 skimmer on it. I want to plumb the overflows directly to the skimmer pump intake to maximize my skimmer efficency.

Should I plumb directly from the overflow main line to the pump intake or should it go to a resevoir that feeds the pump. I am just worried about starving the pump if the drain rates would change for various reasons. Just wanted your thoughts and ideas

Any suggestions would be appreciated and helpful

Thanks for you time
Dave

DrBDC
04/07/2006, 10:19 AM
I think they require pressure to spray into the downdraft tubes so that particular tweak won't work with them.

Rare Angels
04/07/2006, 12:40 PM
Anyone else with thoughts?

BLockamon
04/07/2006, 02:54 PM
You could construct a "box" in the sump around the pump feeding your skimmer. Dump the water from the tank into the box and have it flow from there into the sump. If you are worried about the pump running dry w/ flow fluctuations, have the flow exit the bottom of the box (through holes, slits, etc.) so that the sump and box levels will always be the same. As long as you dump the water from the skimmer outside the box, you should for the most part be skimming raw water. Keep the box small enough so that there is some turbulence, and you should be able to keep the proteins from floating to the surface.