PDA

View Full Version : 4" acrylic tubing wanted

RV8tor
04/05/2006, 02:35 PM
Does any one have about 12 inches or so of 4" diameter acrylic tubing that they wouldn't mind selling? I need some for a DIY and most online acrylic places only sell 5-6 feet of it. I also checked at Illini Plastic and he is suppose to get some in but it is also several weeks late. If you have some shoot me a PM with how much you have and how much want for it.

DKKA
04/05/2006, 11:30 PM
Aquatic Ecosystems sells it by the foot. Or at least they used too.

lglamb
04/06/2006, 11:27 AM
I'll probably end up needing 2-4 feet.

Shoot me some costs and maybe you can get
what you need and I'll get the rest.

Lowell

David MC Lee
04/06/2006, 09:50 PM
I'm getting ready to order a 6' stick.

RV8tor
04/06/2006, 10:40 PM
USplastic had cast 4" x 6' acrylic tube for $144.54 shipped

From what I understand you don't want to use extruded due to it soaking up moisture and getting brittle so I'll stick with cast.

I did find a place in Bartonville that had 4" and sounds like they will cut it to size.

I just found http://www.cshyde.com/cast_acrylic_rod_and_tube.htm but no prices.

Mcmasters has 4" for 16.45 a foot plus shipping. I thought I would see if anyone had any to save shipping costs. I might just take a quick trip to elmhurst and do a pickup at mcmasters

lglamb
04/07/2006, 10:03 AM
Is a foot typical/enough for a gravity fed counter-current/recirc
skimmer with about a 5 foot reaction chamber?

I'd want enough for one DIY, anyways.

Lowell

RV8tor
04/07/2006, 03:33 PM
Lowell, If you are talking the riser tube then, yes 8-10 inches are enough. I have been talking with Spazz among others to make a gravity fed from the overflows, needlewheel skimmer. I have a 6 foot piece of 10"PVC that I am putting an OR3700 needlewheel pump on. I am making a cone on top to tranistion the bubbles to the riser tube. I was also thinking of implenting a "wetneck" on it to increase efficiency. I still am researching that theory and how to engineer it to work.

RV8tor
04/07/2006, 04:04 PM
I am going to McMasters in Elhurst on Tuesday to pickup my order, if there is anyone that wants me to pick up their order I would be happy to do so. But you have to pay for it in advance and make sure that you tell them I will pick it up for you.