PDA

View Full Version : Codium

rdanamorton
04/01/2006, 08:24 PM
does any one have any knowledge or experience with "codium" marine geen algae. just picked some up cheap, looks neat thought it might help w/nitrates. want to put it in the tank. have no refugium yet.....

DJ88©
04/02/2006, 12:20 PM
[moved]

sunfishh
04/06/2006, 06:28 PM
I know paul b collects local new york codium. Perhaps you could send him a PM :)

icyuod2
04/06/2006, 10:17 PM
i also picked some up cheap from big al's. been in my tankjust over a week, but seems to be doing ok. i really havent found much info pertaining to nuteriant export.

i do however like the fact it has only 1 point of attachment, looks fantasic in my reef tank.

Jordan55
04/07/2006, 05:47 AM
I have had some in my 25 gallon sea horse tank for about a month or so now.

It seems to be doing well as well as my other macros. I haven't noticed a unbelieveable growth at all, but haven't noiced it dieing at all.

I had one semi big piece (like basball or so size) and a few little pieces with only a couple branches. It is a little a tricky to get to attach to a rock.

The little pieces always seem to come out of their holes, but the big one stays. So epoxy might work, or just do you best to keep it in a low flow area untill it can attach.

25galon tank.
25 lbs of rock
2 gallon water change every week
110 watts of PC.

Good luck!

billsreef
04/08/2006, 10:27 PM
It's a bit on the slow growing side for use as a primary nutrient remover. Otherwise, it's a nice looking algae that likes bright light and strong water movement.