PDA

View Full Version : Small Cracks on wet/dry

web104tv
03/31/2006, 06:08 PM
I have a few small cracks along my amiracle wet/dry. It doesn't appear to be leaking. I may have done it when I piled a bunch of junk in it and lifted it up from the top rim. Is there anything that can put in the small cracks to provide better resistance against leaking etc...

Trex420
03/31/2006, 06:40 PM
Depending on how big the area is, how about placing a piece of 1/8" to 1/4" piece of acrylic over the area then applying #4 Weld-On. The #4 will "wick" under the acrylic and should completely adhere the new piece on to the old.

web104tv
04/01/2006, 04:11 PM
I think I'm going to just buy a rubbermaid container and make a sump out of it. I will place the wet dry in the rubbermaid sump and let the water drain into the sump. Then place my return pump in the sump. Anybody see any flaws in this?

gsxrguru2
04/01/2006, 07:23 PM
You'll be taking up a lot more space than necessary. trex is right, that is probably the best way to fix the cracks, or at least prevent them from becoming leaks. I did that when I accidentally drilled the hole for my auto top off in the wrong spot. It works very quick too.

Trex420
04/01/2006, 11:22 PM
Talk to the people at Plasticare here in Denver. Take the item with you if you can. They'll give you a honest opinion of whether the item is truly damaged and what it would take to fix it.