PDA

View Full Version : Perc. Clown?

dderue
03/31/2006, 04:32 PM
Anyone have a perc clown they are looking to get rid of? I have one that is about 2.5" and want to find one that is a little larger than what the LFS have. I have a Yellow tail Damsel that is about 1.25". The Damsel was picking on the last small clown I got. The next morning it was gone. So, if anyone has on that is between 1.5" to 2", PM me.

fedukeford
03/31/2006, 04:34 PM
well if you want to make a drive to vestal, natures best fish usually has some perc. clowns that are around 1"-2"

Gary Majchrzak
03/31/2006, 04:39 PM
How long have you had the 2.5" Percula?
If it's already a female you might not want to bring a larger perc into your aquarium.

moriartiholmes
03/31/2006, 04:40 PM
A true perc could very well be a female at that size. If you get another female, it would probably result in clown fish thunderdome.
I'd try to isolate the damsel in your sump if you can. If you don't have a sump you can use a hang on ‘breeder’, which would just be like another small tank or netted thing to keep the fish in for a little while until the new clown is acclimated. Just make sure the damsel has a place to hide and feel safe while in its prison or it could be cooked by your lights or get stressed to death.

moriartiholmes
03/31/2006, 04:41 PM
Gary beat me to it :p

dderue
03/31/2006, 05:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7084155#post7084155 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gary Majchrzak
How long have you had the 2.5" Percula?
If it's already a female you might not want to bring a larger perc into your aquarium.

I have had it for about 3 years. It was one of my first fish. I was looking to add a clown that was alittle smaller than her, but bigger than the Damsel do it doesn't get picked on. My other option is to find someone that might be able to give her a good home, and go with a pair of smaller ones that are still bigger than the Damsel?

bosborn1
03/31/2006, 05:19 PM
I Just sold my last perc to ABC Pets in Perinton. If you still want it and it will work in your system its there.

Scott

Guy
03/31/2006, 07:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7084103#post7084103 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dderue
I have one that is about 2.5" and want to find one that is a little larger than what the LFS have.

I have heard that it's theoretically possible for A. percula to reach 2.5" I have never seen it though. Especially not in just a few years. Are you sure you don't have A. ocellaris?

As Gary and others have suggested, adding a 1.5 - 2" A. percula to a tank with an even larger Perc means that you'll have two females. Typically if you have Two females they will fight to the death until you just have one female.

If you want them to bond I'd suggest a 3/4" A. percula if you can confirm that that's the species you have.