PDA

View Full Version : 24g aqua pod 70w hqi is not working

saltyESQ
03/30/2006, 02:58 PM
I have had it for over a week and it has been working fine, but over the last couple of days I had to turn it on and off once before I could get it to start. Today, I can't seem to get it to turn on at all. all that happens is that the fans turn on

ant ideas?

Chris13
03/30/2006, 04:40 PM
The electronic ballast in those (Sunpod Im guessing? thats the 70w I have) keeps it from starting if the lamp is hot, like most halides. If you turn it off and back on it will usually take 5-10min to restart. Sounds like you have more problems than that tho.

Was the bulb giving you any flicker? could be a bad bulb

saltyESQ
03/30/2006, 05:24 PM
bulb gave no flicker at all. and it was not hot at all either

saltyESQ
03/30/2006, 05:24 PM
the bulb did not flicker at all when it was working either

flameangel88
03/30/2006, 05:52 PM
Quality control is not good on Aquapod--I got my 24g tank last week and after filling the tank then got to find out at night that the 2 led lights didn't work (I used different power supply and that didn't work). The thing is 50lbs and I'm not putting it back in the box. My MH will be in tomorrow and it comes with the LED lights so I'll be set with night lights.

Even if you buy from the lfs most people will not take it out of the box to check for cracks or to see if the lights work.

I hope it's a simple issue (may be the wiring is loose) for you otherwise this is a pain to resolve.

saltyESQ
03/30/2006, 06:35 PM
i left it on and the bulb eventually turned on :)

Chris13
03/30/2006, 07:03 PM
If it eventually comes on, and doesnt flicker its probably the ballast. Since this is probably an electronic ballast I can only guess that it may be a ground issue. I had some problems with Icecaps new electronic ballasts not starting reliably until I ran a dedicated ground wire. Its only a guess, though.

raretangs
03/30/2006, 09:42 PM
I have the 24 AquaPod. My fan didn't work from the start. I emailed Ike at <info@current-usa.com>. He sent me a new fan, it didn't work either. Now he has sent me a whole new hood bulbs and all. It seems like they have good customer service.

raretangs
03/30/2006, 09:44 PM
Sorry this didn't show up in last post
[email]info@current-usa.com

VinnyTheIcepick
03/30/2006, 11:15 PM
I have both a PC and HQI Aquapod 24. The pump burned out after 3 weeks on the PC Pod but the lights and fans are fine. My HQI fixture is very unreliable. I have to remove the glass plate and push the contacts togehter every day to get it to start. In addition the left moonlights are nonoperational.

Ir is a shame current can't get their act togehter. Could be a great product.