PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angel death..

a2fire2i
03/28/2006, 05:53 PM
Well the flame angel i got from life oceanic just die. I have had it since the meeting and though it was doing great! It was eating the food we made at KDs as well as flake food. I just tested the water on Saturday and eveything is fine. the only thing i can think of it i just moved 2-3 pounds of live rock from there tank, which is where the fish loved to camp out, and i added a toadstoole leather frag.

Anyone have any ideas?? Nothing else in the tank looks stressed or dying..

myakkareef
03/29/2006, 12:49 PM
Corey, sometimes fish are diseased from the start or injured during capture. I really doubt it was the change to the enviroment unless the addition of the TS caused a cycle, but I have never experienced this. I do remember when I first got into SW that I lost a number of fish untill one day everything must have became a satisfactory enviroment and have lost very few since. Most that have passed I have never found any part of they just dissapeared rather by carpet surfing, sump diving or eaten by cleanup critters. One thing I really look at besides the normal color, and fin condition is a fishes eyes. Stare at the fish for a few minutes and watchthere eyes, they should always be eally bright and clear...Just my way of trying to choose a healthy fish....Good luck on your next purchase...

a2fire2i
03/29/2006, 03:03 PM
It looked like a great fish. I watched it eat and swim around in their tanks. No spots or sores. Eyes looked fine.

I loved that fish. It actually swam around in the tank.

floridareefs
04/10/2006, 09:38 PM
flame angels are famous for dying in that manner, they are not hardy fish like people say.