PDA

View Full Version : Lights go on and off continuously

NexDog
03/28/2006, 04:19 AM
Very vexing problem with my lights. I have a PFO hood with 3x400w 14k bulbs on a dual and single pulse start ballast. Lately two of the bulbs (on the dual ballast) periodically go out, then come back on again 10 minutes later then off then on then off....you get the idea.

The middle bulb is now dead which I attribute to the constant firing of the bulb and now I'm left with a temperamental bulb.

When I first powered everything up 3 months ago I had a similar problem due to the lack of electricity (Japan runs on 100v) so I had transformers made that convert the electricity to 120v. I tested the output with a voltmeter and I get 120v.

So what are my options here? Could be the electricity, could be the ballast, could be teh hood itself. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue. It was always an issue but not so chronic. Before the two bulbs on the dual ballast might go out 1-3 times a day and relight 10-15 minutes later but now it's every 10-15 minutes. :(

NexDog
03/28/2006, 09:21 AM
Anyone? :D

ONEMANBAND
03/28/2006, 09:34 AM
Maybe try just one bulb running (less load) and see if it keeps restarting, if it runs fine perhaps run another circuit from the fusebox