PDA

View Full Version : 16 Bow Stocking Questions

NanosAreCool
03/28/2006, 04:16 AM
I am setting up a 16 bow and have come up with a list of likely future inhabitants to be purchased over the next year or two for the tank. I am wondering mostly about compatability in such a confined space, as well as potential bioload problems. Below, before the list of inhabitants, is my equipment list. Pics of my tank will be posted as soon as it finishes coming together.

16 Gallon AGA Tank
Pengiun 100 w/Bio-Wheel removed and Purigen instead of carbon
Prizm Deluxe Protien Skimmer
Current USA 20" 2x40watt Orbit Power Compact Fixture
20-25lbs of Marshall, Fiji, and Haitian liverock

The tank was setup with and will only be filled with RO/DI water. The only supplimentation I plan to add is Iodide.

The creatures I would like to eventually house in this tank are (in some order or likely purchase):

Fish:
Tail Spot Blenny
Court Jester Goby
Green Clown Goby

Mobile Inverts:
Sally Lightfoot
2xPomPom Crab
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp (I am considering nixing this one, since that might be more shrimp than I want in such a small space)

Corals:
Unknown thus far, but primarily Ricordia and Zoanthids with perhaps a Frogspawn, Torch, or Hammer or two.

smy168
03/28/2006, 12:11 PM
Sally Lightfoot can become a little predatory of fish in a small system and pom poms can also do coral damage with the anenomes they carry. The Tail Spot is a cool fish but I've had the clown gobes, they were really boring vor me, they didn't do much of anything, maybe a randals gobie with a paired pistol shrimp?

good luck, post pics

ewaldm
03/28/2006, 12:19 PM
I've also heard of clown gobies irritating corals. Some get used to their perching, others do not.

Gundo5000
03/28/2006, 01:41 PM
My clown goby preferes the sand and live rocks over perching in or on my corals. A great nano addition. Lots of charecter.