PDA

View Full Version : clown and flow

Mina_40
03/27/2006, 10:29 AM
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I have a 12 gallon JBJ nanocube.

The only fish is a 1" to 1 1/2" percula. It is constantly fighting the current from the output in the nano. I've moved the nozzle in several different directions to help the clown, but doesn't seem to be helping.

Any hints/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

reefwick
03/27/2006, 03:15 PM
What pump are you using? The stock one?

skabimini
03/27/2006, 06:56 PM
replace the return nozzle with something wider to release some of the pressure. how much rock do you have? if not much, then build a bigger reef to deflect the return water.

hope this helps :)

Mina_40
03/27/2006, 08:41 PM
reefwick...yes it's a stock pump

skabimini...I have around 12 lbs of live rock now and various corals. I will have to check out return nozzles. I've never thought about getting a bigger one. Thanks for the suggestion.

:)

reefwick
03/27/2006, 11:38 PM
Stock pump shouldn't be too much for your fish. With the stock pump there are many dead spots or at least calm spots for a fish to relax in. Maybe your fish is just outta shape or maybe it likes swimming against the current. My clown spends part of his day fighting the current from the output and I upgraded to a MJ 606.

Cutiewitbooty
03/28/2006, 09:37 AM
it should have to many problems, people that have barebottom tanks have extreme flow and their fish seem fine with it. It must be your fish :D