PDA

View Full Version : Lighting ?

fishkeeper00
03/26/2006, 12:58 PM
I have a 5.5 gal. nano I was thinking of upgrading the lighting.I'm running 24 watts of pc now and I was wondering if 96 watts of pc would be to much.The light I want to use is the coralife quad tube the reason why is I have a 96x2 current light I'm not using and I was going to mod it to accept the quad tube and remove one of the ballasts I know it will work cause the pin set up is the same.Just don't know if that is to much light.It's roughly about 17 watts a gal.

keener1830
03/26/2006, 01:16 PM
whooo that's alot of lighting, I was told that about 10 watts a gallon was the most you should go but it also depends on what you want to keep in the tank

fishes2889
03/26/2006, 06:37 PM
it doesnt matter how many watts you have its the lighting. with that many watts of PC you wil be able to have anything and everything in that tank. but then again all the parameters have to be perfect to have any sps pr lps. Pics???

fishkeeper00
03/26/2006, 08:52 PM
Well i thought about sps but i dont have much experience with those types of corals i might a couple of frags a try. But i will definetly have lps in there i'm not really worried about water quality cause i keep it in check.I already have some zoos',xenia and yellow polyps in there. http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/109336nano.jpg