PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ fish

vanmo92
03/25/2006, 11:58 AM
Well...where to start. i guess last night when i was going to sleep i fell asleep with the room light on. not the tank light but the room light. at about 3:00 A.M. i woke up and was turning the light off and i saw my large clown was very stressed and when i turned it off i saw him dash into the rocks.i looked for him w/ a flashlight for about 45 min. no luck:( .this morning i looked some more and still no luck. this was probrobly an over reaction but i took out almost every rock and looked everywhere. no luck. i put it back close to the way it was and now i just hope and pray that a mirical will come and he will magicly show up. I figure that having the light onn for 21 hours stressed him out and then when i turned it off he went into the rocks. he has never gone in the rocks before. I have had my wrasse hide before and i took out like all the rocks looking for him and after i put them bak he came out a while later. i am hoping it will be the same king fo situation here. I have looked in all the equiptment. My next guess is that he jumped but i have never had a problem with this before and the bak of the tank is covered in equiptment so there is not much space for him to hop. I have looked all over the floor. i dont think either one of my cats ate him because none of them have a taste for fish. also they sleep all night in my moms room. But it is a posibility. I (and the other clown) are pretty depressed right now. all the fish are doing well and eating good. but you can tel the other colwn is looking for his friend. there is a chance we will get antother tomarow. i have too call and see what stores have them because not many do anymore.

Anyone in the denver area know if sherman tank company (or any stor in the area, denver area has any. i am looking for percula clowns.

It is still a mystery as to what happend. any other ideas?

:confused:

vanmo92
03/25/2006, 12:24 PM
I am like going to kill the cats. i found his body all dried up with cat teeth marks all over him by the litter box. i am soooo ****ed at the cats right now i cant even tell you.

mr pink floyd
03/25/2006, 01:46 PM
he probaby jumped out, you would see water marks, and heard splashes if a cat went in to get it...

surfnvb7
03/25/2006, 02:03 PM
yeah, i seriously doubt cats will go fishing into the tank to get the fish out. most are scared of the water and dont want anywhere near it.

besides...its their natural instinct to be interested...its the tank owners responsibility to make sure the tank is sealed up so no creatures can get in, or out.

pink floyd is prob right....my money is on the fish jumped out, and the cat found something fun on the floor and ran off with it. i've had some hermit crabs and fish escape.....and as soon as they hit the floor they were fair game and subject to being carried throughout the house.

i'd be more concerned for the cats as something they pick up in their mouth might be poisonus.

i know i learned my lesson when i saw a hermit walking through the kitchen, promptly followed by 2 cats.

vanmo92
03/25/2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys. whenever it is that i replace it i wil likely get one of those glass covers. 2 questions:

1. will the little clown be ok for a week or 2 ?

2. will the little clown be agressive to the new one?

mr pink floyd
03/26/2006, 01:27 AM
depends, you might want to take little clown out, re do aquascape, put them both back in at same time, so they think its a diff. tank, less terrritorial battles.

gass covers arent too good, they limit gas exchange, havign a sump wil lhe;p that, plus, if the class is shiny, it will reflect light, its its cloudy it will not light penetrate, maybe egg crate?

vanmo92
03/26/2006, 01:37 PM
i will try to get eggcrate.

Sk8r
03/26/2006, 02:00 PM
PinkFloyd's advice is dead on. Eggcrate is in the Home Depot lighting department. Just ask the salesman which side to put downward.