PDA

View Full Version : Neon Goby living in AGA overflow...

El Langostino
03/24/2006, 01:32 AM
I thought that this little fellow just perished due to lack of eating anything since I never saw it eat and my fish didn't especially enjoy its cleaning services. He was likely stressed by my tangs and maroon clown and has been living in my overflow for 3 weeks or so.

Has anyone ever had this problem with nano type fish in a large tank? Due to the way my overflow and tank are plumbed...I really don't think there is anyway to get him out of there which is frustrating. How Long do you think he can live in there. Is it going to cause any problems for my system if he dies in there? I'm a little worried since obviously there is no live sand bed or clean up crew in my overflow to eat his remains.

thanks

Bax
03/24/2006, 10:17 AM
El

I don't know, but I have a Midas Blenny in my AGA overflow for over 6 weks now, and short of shutting down the tank pulling the lights and durso and diggin in with a net, ... I am at a loss.

Hope to hear a better idea.

overCee
03/24/2006, 10:40 AM
Maybe you can siphon him out into a bucket? Those guys are so small that I bet the trip wouldn't hurt him. Just stick a half inch diameter tube in the overflow and suck as much water out as you can. I bet the goby goes with it.

blmeier7
03/24/2006, 10:55 AM
I had a Hector's Goby live in my overflow for a week. I siphoned most of the water out of the overflow and finally caught him. If you have larger tubing I would recommend just siphoning the goby like overCee suggests.