PDA

View Full Version : Newbie is looking for your suggestion

VANewbie
03/23/2006, 11:05 PM
After 2 month of circling, I could see many of this [picture] here and there in my tank.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=161602

I just wonder if these stuff is good to keep in the tank or should I have to get rid of them.
Thanks

Maxxumless
03/23/2006, 11:13 PM
Ahhh, bubble algae. Nip that in the bud now. Do a search and there will be plenty of threads with info on how to get rid of it. I personally went the emerald crab + picking it out by hand rout and it worked. Don't bother trying to lower nutrients, bubble algae requires very little light and does not require allot nutrients to survive.

Electrobes
03/23/2006, 11:14 PM
It's bad.. well it's called bubble algae or Valonia. It's a buisance algae most reefers wanna stay away from.. they spread quickly and are usually a pain in the *** to get rid off.

BTW - Welcome to Reefie Central :)

suasponte2/75
03/23/2006, 11:19 PM
I would also add that you should try not to burst them or their spores will spread. I actually pulled out the questionable pieces and remove them outside of the tank as a precautionary measure so I didn't accidentally burst them. I agree with the others too that you should take care of it right away before they get out of hand.

HTHs,

Minh