PDA

View Full Version : JBJ Nano Cube Cracked!

hipertec
03/23/2006, 01:17 AM
Damn JBJ products. First my ballast goes out, then the pump starts to make funny sounds..so I removed the hood and the damn tank CRACKS where the round corners are!
Anyone have this problem? is it a common problem for JBJ nano cubes? I know that their customer service SUCKS and so does their warranty at 6 months.:(

Newreeflady
03/23/2006, 01:42 AM
Seems to have happened to a few, and more often on the 24g cubes. What size and when was yours purchased?

I think it's definitely taking a chance setting one of these up, I am about to set up a 12g, I sure hope this doesn't happen but if it does hopefully I find the crack and don't end up with a floor full of saltwater and a ****ed off downstairs neighbor.

Sorry to hear it:(
-A

hipertec
03/23/2006, 01:55 AM
its a 12gallon nano and i had it just under a year. Thats what sucks about JBJ..they offer 6 months on all their items...what the heck/??6 months??? I guess that shows that they stand behind their products.. the weird thing is that i didnt even put preasure when it cracked...JBJ is a pc of crap!
Go with a aquapod, if you can afford it.

bil2k
03/23/2006, 01:07 PM
It seems everyone has a problem with cubes in general. I'm seriously thinking about moving everything in my NC12DX '06 into a normal tank before it all goes to hell with crakcs or ballast issues.

Newreeflady
03/23/2006, 02:46 PM
Well, i'm getting the 12g used for a good price and not everyone has had problems, so i'm just going to hope I fall into the majority rather than the minority. I know it isn't a 100% safe bet, but here's to good luck;)

-A

Beerven1577
03/30/2006, 03:00 AM
not to badmonth but this old man that I know who runs my LFS said they have been around forever but never have produced good products, he even said he's been to their warehouse of broken product, told me not to buy a JBJ and even said that he had a customer who hated his and wanted to get rid of it for $50 or something way cheap.

ycrazyy
03/30/2006, 09:27 AM
hipertec, if you send JBJ a pic of your broken tank they will probably send you a new one free of charge. The newer tanks all have thicker glass to prevent the cracking issue.