PDA

View Full Version : Help me design my new cube!

jcm2m9
03/22/2006, 08:14 PM
I am currently strongly thinking about replacing my 29 gallon with a 24" x 24" x 16" cube. Here is the current thread on my 29 gallon tank.... 29 Gallon (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=754680)

I am going to run an open top with no euro bracing. I am going to run a sump/refugium and am going to have a closed loop. The tank is going to be viewable from 3 sides (all sides except back which will be black acrylic.

I am waning to aquascape 3 islands if possible. I am trying to get ideas on my aquascaping.

This tank is going to house LPS, zoos and 5 or 6 SPS, but the main focus will be LPS. I am currently trying to figure out how to design the overflow and cl system.

My return pump will be a Mag 3. I am not wanting to do a huge flow in the tank. I am considering using a Mag 9.5 as the cl pump. What do you all think about that? Is there another pump you would recommend? Is that going to be enough flow or too much?

I would like to run a SCWD on the cl so that will reduce flow some. Also, should the intake for the cl pump be in the back and the returns in the bottom

I have a ton of questions, but will start with these about the cl.

Thanks a million and I really appreciate everyones opinons. If I am going to have a custom tank made I really want it to be as close to perfect as can be!

James

Clarkii01
03/23/2006, 04:46 PM
Nice pics!