PDA

View Full Version : Voltarc VHO bulbs???

Fish_Freek
03/22/2006, 06:42 PM
Has anyone else tried the VHO bulbs from Voltarc? I've tried the white actinics and the super actinics and so far, for the $$, i am pleased with them.
Anyone else out there try these out yet?

Fish_Freek
03/24/2006, 07:28 PM
No one else has tried these?

Croman
03/26/2006, 10:22 AM
I was thinking about getting them but I haven't seen any responses from anyone. How do they look? Any pics?

Fish_Freek
03/26/2006, 02:44 PM
The Voltac white actinics appear to be a bit "whiter" than the URI white actinics. The URI seem a bit more pink to me. As for the super actinics, they seem about the same as URI's. I am compairing these side by side in my canopy, only by eye.

Seastorm
03/29/2006, 11:28 AM
I have just received my order on Monday for 4 6ft VHO bulbs. 1 Actinic and the other 3 10,000K bulbs.

I was very pleased with the light output and color, no pink here.

In fact this combination looked very similar to a mix of 2 URI 50/50's and 2 URI Super Actinics which I have always used and loved..... but just a lot brighter. That might be because looking at the lishting spectrum the 10 K's have a lot more actinic and their Super Actinic is supposed to be brighter also.

http://www.aquariumlamps-factorydirect.com/Phosphors.htm

Now I know that time will tell, but if I don't have any problems within the next 6 months to a year, I'll go with them again.... Sorry URI.