PDA

View Full Version : nano float valve.

bendavis
03/20/2006, 05:32 PM
i was wondering if there were any tiny float valves for use in a 5 gallon sump for top off? gonna look around, but i figured i would ask here first.

-Ben

bendavis
03/20/2006, 05:57 PM
in searching, i found www.floatswitches.net but i dont know about putting electricity in the water. any advice would be very welcome

-Ben

aural
03/20/2006, 07:44 PM
i have tried 5 or 6 different flot switches and the best one i have found so far is from www.top-off.com

they have a top off mini, but if you are using it in a sump, i'd just use the standard model.

they come ready to go... all you have to do is plug your pump you are going to use in, connect tube from the pump to your sump, and drop the pump in whatever container you are going to use to hold your top off water. then the float switch installs REALLY easily - the kit comes with an acrylic bracket that works really well.

i cant be happier with these float switch setups... i highly recomend them.

Milleme
03/20/2006, 09:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7000573#post7000573 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aural
they have a top off mini, but if you are using it in a sump, i'd just use the standard model.

So the only difference between the standard and the mini is that the standard has two switches and the mini only has the one. Why would you use the standard over the mini in a sump? The reason I ask is b/c it is more expensive.

aural
03/20/2006, 09:38 PM
as far as i know, yes. that and that it is smaller.

i'm using the standard one on 2 of my tanks and they are fantastic.

if you have any detailed questions, use the contact us link on the site. i had a question and he got back to me right away. excellent customer service.

bendavis
03/21/2006, 03:20 AM
that looks like a winner, same price, but without the D.I.Y. !
still trying to decide if there is much risk involved, as far as an electrical switch in my fish tank. thanks for the info!

-Ben

aural
03/21/2006, 10:05 AM
no there is no risk. float switches are designed to be submersed.