PDA

View Full Version : 70 Watt MH lamps

blackdak
03/20/2006, 04:04 PM
I was curious as to what those of you with 70 W halides are using for the lamps. I scored a couple of 70 W ballasts and am shopping for lamps, but these seem to cost just as much as my 250W!! I have found a couple in the $25-35 range but dont know anything of the quality.

Brian

MalawianDude
03/20/2006, 07:04 PM
I seen that also when i looked into them. Problem IMO is that the demand for them isnt as high as say the 150w are so they dont make as many of them, so hence the higher cost.

IsThisNameTaken?
03/20/2006, 09:24 PM
I've run two different types. The 70 watt australux 14k which is awesome and can be purchased for like $55 shipped and the Catalina Aquarium 10k. The Catalina bulbs can be bought on ebay for like $40 and they do work... lol.. kinda.

The australux is an awesome bulb but I dont know of an online dealer that sells them. I have bought them on two different occasions both times through a group buy from an over seas dealer. If your gonna run a 70 watter I would definitely reccommend the Australux though. Really good quality, color, and if your lucky they can be had for a very affordable price.

GOod luck.