PDA

View Full Version : TR E. Quad up for grabs

ReeferMac
04/18/2002, 04:21 PM
Well she doesn't have an intended home as of yet, and I've already found someone who would like it if I would ship it... I'd rather get it a place closer to home, but will have to get this thing out of my tank soon. It's not on a rock and immediately transportable yet, but if I know I've got someone who will take it, I'll get it out.

You can see an old pic of it Here (http://reef.myip.org/frames/images/fish/clowns/clowns.jpg)

- Mac

fujimo32360
04/18/2002, 06:03 PM
Mac what's a TR E. Quad

ReeferMac
04/18/2002, 06:27 PM
Tank
Raised

Entacmaea

quadricolor

If you have to ask, you can't have it :D

- Mac

fujimo32360
04/18/2002, 07:02 PM
I'm just not into abreavitions. didn't know imao was till a few days ago.

Zmann
04/18/2002, 08:14 PM
Dont feel bad I had no clue what it meant either. Kev AYAR.

SSTS

dmorel
04/18/2002, 10:27 PM
FMWLR

you guys know this one yet?
It's a URS exclusive so far, but I'm hoping it makes it into the community at large...

hagd,
-dm

mirski57
04/19/2002, 09:18 AM
Hi Mac,
Has anyone local claimed this yet. I'm in the Gates-Chili area. I have a 90 gallon that I would love to add this to.

Why are you looking to get it out of your existing setup ?

kcolagio
04/19/2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by dmorel
FMWLR

you guys know this one yet?
It's a URS exclusive so far, but I'm hoping it makes it into the community at large...

hagd,
-dm

Fish Mostly with Live Rock.

I suppose it means that it was intended as a fish only tank, but that some stuff grew out of the live rock.

The usual form I've seen is FOWLR (Fish Only with Live Rock) which was always a bogus claim in my book anyway...mostly used by those who don't know better.

dmorel
04/19/2002, 11:36 AM
Bingo, fish mostly with live rock.

I would say that the mostly could be accidental as you suggest or it could be intentional.
What would be an interesting discussion (to me) is what kind of stuff you could get away with keeping with what kind of fish.

My current FO holds:
powder blue tang (reef stuff safe)
hippo tang (reef stuff safe)
clown trigger (not so reef stuff safe)
niger trigger (not so reef stuff safe)
blue jaw trigger (maybe reef stuff safe)
hog fish (I *think* not so reef stuff safe, but maybe ok)
Australian Tusk <--coming home today or tomorrow (teeth!)
Dog Face Puffer (not so reef safe, he eats ANYTHING)
Small Snowflake (not so reef safe)

I am just using cheap-o standard pet store lighting for now, but have plenty of stuff I could put over it IF I can figure out some stuff that would work.
I do have to wait a while, I am still dealing with the effects of having treated with "copper power" months ago. (It didn't help, no lights for a couple day and hypo salinity did the trick though)
but I still register some copper in the water.
I have some poly pads I will put in the sump and see if I can pull it out.

-dm

ReeferMac
04/19/2002, 02:43 PM
Has anyone local claimed this yet. I'm in the Gates-Chili area. I have a 90 gallon that I would love to add this to.

That sounds good - Got it in my 90 Gal Reef now!
What kind of lights do you have?

Why are you looking to get it out of your existing setup ?

Well this one's a split from my first anemone ever... 5 years ago! I've gotten quite a few split's off it, and while I'd like to keep 'em all, I simply don't have the room. As it is the two of them are killing off a few of my SPS with their long tentacles.

Lemme see if I can get it onto a more moveable rock or something, and I'll let you know. Hardest part is getting it out of the tank. Usually takes me a couple weeks before I finally get a good grab of it.

- Mac

mirski57
04/19/2002, 04:07 PM
Mac,

I use 2 x 175watt 10K Hamilton's and 2 40 watt NO's. I have 2 power heads and the return. How much current do you think it needs ?

My tank is ready for the addition, I've still got plenty of room. I currently have 1 Hiatian anemone, so I have some experience with anemones.......And one thing I've learned in the last 19 months is patience.....so just let me know when you're ready.

What are you looking for in return ? Just a good home for the anemone? Only thing I have to offer is a frag of zooanthids, or a comparable piece of LR, or some pulsing xenia already on a small piece of LR of its own.

Later,
Mirski57

ReeferMac
04/19/2002, 04:31 PM
The lights sound more than sufficient, and I'm glad you've got room. Shoot me a PM with some contact info, and I'll get started on trying to get it out. Depening on wether it come's attached to the LR or not, I'll let you know on what to trade ;-)
Just give me your home number or something where I can get ahold of you. I can easily store the anemone in my sump for a day or two until we can work out at time to get together.

- Mac

mirski57
04/19/2002, 07:17 PM
you've got PM.