PDA

View Full Version : Refugia? Comments?

iannozzi
03/16/2006, 11:42 PM
INTERESTED IN DOING A REFUGIA--HAVE HEARD A LOT FO ABOUT SAME. CALFO IS A BIG PROPONANT, GARF IS NOT. WHAT IS THE CONSENSUS ON THIS BOARD.

TO ME ITS A WIN WIN IF A RDP REFUGIA WILL KEEP THE PH STABLE. ALL THOUGHTS WELCOME. I HAVE A 29 REEF--6' SAND BED--EVERYTHING THRIVING--INTERESTED IN REFUGIA FOR EXTRA FEEDING NUTRIENT EXPORT, ETC.

ALSO TURF ALGAE? WERE CAN I GET SAME?

Stixbaraca
03/17/2006, 12:00 PM
I use one...and since I started I noticed a los LESS nuissance algae, and a ton more microfauna growth in my main display. What could ever be wrong about nutrient export to facilitate positive growth? I only use an Aquafuge Hang-On.

thebicyclecafe
03/18/2006, 11:51 AM
I've got some chaeto and gracilaria algae available for sale if you are interested in picking up, can also offer some ideas on setting up the refugium.
Refugiums are the best way of nutrient export and culturing extra food for your fish, it is totally the way to go. GARF... don't listen to anything that they say, as much as the reefkeeping community is concerned they are just a bunch of quack doctors claiming to have a "research foundation." There is no evidence of research published from this place and no actual scientific data released by them. Go with the refugium, you won't be disappointed.