PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gone from Eclipse system to Nanopod or Aquapod?

amheck
03/16/2006, 11:15 AM
Hey guys,

I currently have a 10g with the Eclipse Twinlight hood on it. I was kinda getting interested in the new 12g systems like the Nanocube and the Aquapod.

Has anyone gone from an Eclipse system to the new systems? Just wondering if this would be a worthwhile upgrade in your eyes.

I was thinking of making this a zoanthid tank.

Thanks!
Aaron

P.S. if you know if a thread about aquapod vs nanocube, could you link it for me? Of course, the search is not working for me..... I'm still undecided between those two.

JMacIII
03/16/2006, 07:31 PM
I went from the 12-gallon Eclipse tank to a 12-gallon Aquapod.

I like the Aquapod much better. It is a cleaner look and fits with what I am doing much better.

I have to point out that I really did not like my Eclipse set-up though.

I have had the aquapod running for about 2 months now and everything is great. I had a ballast go out, but Current was very fast on getting a replacement to me.

I hope this was helpful.

amheck
03/16/2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks. Yeah, those are the kind of comments that I was looking for. Did you have the twin light? Did you notice a lot more light output when switching systems?

Aaron

kewliz
03/16/2006, 09:58 PM
I didn't think there was much to compare. The Eclipse tanks don't even have good lighting. Unless you're just using it as a tiny fish only tank. In which case, the NC is way better- has the back area which can be used with LR and you can add a light for a fuge. Also, the flow on the Eclipse is not as easily upgraded as on a NC.

Eclipse aren't bad tanks - I used them for freshwater. But if you're doing anything over 6 gallons and you want decent flow and to grow anything other than aptasia- get a NC.