PDA

View Full Version : 24 Nano Cube flow ?

juke
03/15/2006, 06:40 PM
I have a jbj 24 DX nanocube that I have had up and running for 3 months now.

My problem is that the water is always full of particles! It is never really clear. Each day I have to scrape the sides because there is what I call yellow/brown reef dust covering all of the glass. I went through the initial red/brown algae after the cycle.

I designed a DIY wood hood to have my 250W SE and lighting in it.
I have a Seio 620 pump running on the left side in front of the cassette overflow. I have a hydor flow connected to standard pump return adn the stock pump driving it. I have a bakpak skimmer in the back chambers. I just added the small bag of chemipure to the middle chamber.

I have a 1 inch sand bed that I have been syphoning during the waterchanges.

The water params appear to be good:

PH - 8.0 Steady
KH - 8.4
CA - 550
SA - 1.026
temp - 78-79
no3 - 0
nh3/4 - 0
I haven't tested phosphates yet

the calcium is a little high still from using oceanic salt. I started using IO salt a month ago and do weekly 5gal waterchanges.

I am still frustrated when I see the water being filled with paricles all of the time!!!

Is the flow too high? Is this normal for a new tank? Any thoughts wouold be appreciated

Josh

waterman78
03/19/2006, 02:57 AM
Hey Josh,

IMO I don't believe that you have a lot of flow in your tank...However, my suggestion is to install the Wave Master Pro to help simulate the natural sea. When doing so, this will allow the "particles/detrius" to settle. At this point of time, I do believe that your good bacteria is just beginning to populate your tank(the aquarium dust). Another suggestion is to allow the flow to penetrate only the top water column of the tank. I too felt like I had too much water flow in my aqaurium, but installing the Wave Master Pro wavemaker help distribute the flow evenly. I hope this information helps. Good luck.